Chapter Fifty-Eight

Naboo - Naboo System
1000 Naboo Time
4ABY

Officially Leia along with her father were on Naboo to talk to Queen Soruna about supporting the soon to be established New Republic with Han as their pilot. However unofficially everyone knew that Leia, her father and Han had taken this assignment so that they'd be able to see the twins again before Alderaan's liberation.

Leia tried her best to pay attention during the meeting, knowing how important it was, but most of her was just waiting for the meeting to end so that she could go to Varykino Villa so that she could hold the twins in her arms again and introduce them to her father who had yet to meet them yet.

As the meeting wrapped up Leia managed to hide her eagerness to leave. However before she left one of the queen's advisers came up to her.

"Pooja."

"Leia!" Pooja exclaimed. "It's so good to see you again!"

Leia smiled brightly in an attempt to hide any awkwardness. Leia hadn't seen Pooja since that ball years ago and had obviously not told her about their relation yet.

"Good to see you too," Leia said pleasantly. "How's your family?"

Leia wasn't merely asking the question to be polite this time she was genuinely curious afterall the Nabberies were technically her family too. They just didn't know about it yet. Leia would tell them eventually. She would tell them everything including how Anakin Skywalker had became Darth Vader. However this wasn't something she could just bring up in casual conversation and Leia had other things she had to deal with first.

"My family's good," Pooja smiled. "My grandfather Rwuee is currently working on a public programme to help the children who have been displaced by the Empire. Oh! And my sister Ryoo and her husband just had a baby!"

"Oh congratulations!" Leia said happily. "Is it her first?"

"No her third," Pooja told her, "she had twins, a boy and a girl, about two years ago."

So Leia herself was a twin and her and her maternal cousin had both given birth to twins. Guess we know which side of the family that came from.

"Was it a boy or a girl?" Leia asked.

"A girl," Pooja continued to smile, "they named her Padmé after mine and Ryoo's aunt. She passed away shortly after the Empire rose to power."

Leia attributed it to all her political and diplomatic training that she was able to hide the shock on her face. She hadn't expected such a direct mention of her biological mother when she had entered into this conversation.

It was clear that despite being dead for over two decades and mention of her name in public would be dangerous for them, Padmé still lived in the hearts of her family.

"That's sweet ," Leia said maintaining her decorum, "be sure to give Ryoo and your brother-in-law my congratulations." Then Leia decided to add. "And tell your grandfather he's free to comm me if he needs help with his new programme."

Pooja was touched but not surprised people didn't talk about it a lot but Pooja knew that Leia Organa was a kind person and would help in any way she could.

"Thank you," she said, "I will and I'm looking forward to being able to work with you again."

"Me to," Leia paused before adding, "we should catch up at some point. There's actually something I need to talk to you about."

**********

As soon as Leia reached the docks of Varykino she ran out of the gondola speeder towards her mother and quickly took Jaina into her arms. Han chased after her a short distance behind and took Jacen in his arms from Memily.

Leia began pressing kisses onto Jaina's face then on Jacen's while Han did the same.

"How have they been?" Leia asked without looking up.

"Little terrors," Breha joked. "I think they've missed you. There have been some pretty rough nights."

"We've missed you too," Leia whispered to the twins.

Jacen giggled while Jaina started grabbing hold of some the loose locks of Leia's hair.

Bail walked up behind them at a much slower pace. When he reached them Han and Leia turned around their babies in their arms.

"Papa," Leia said gently. "This is Jaina and Jacen. Your grandchildren."

Bail took another step forward to get a better look at the twins. They were both so small.

"Jaina looks just like you did when you were a baby," Bail told Leia. Breha moved to stand beside Bail and slipped one of her arms into his. She had missed him. "What are their full names?"

Leia spoke before Han could have a chance.

"Jaina and Jacen Organa-Solo."

Bail smiled softly while Han looked shocked.

"Um Leia what are you-"

"I like how Organa-Solo sounds," Leia smirked at him. "Besides, there's already going to be an even bigger scandal when I tell everyone about my biological father so I don't think abbreviating will be that big of a concern. Is that okay with you?"

Han smiled at her.

"Only if I get to abbreviate too."

Leia smiled back.

"Of course."

Breha began to lead everyone towards the vila.

"Come on your aunts have planned a dinner party to welcome you back and you know how they'll be if we're late."

Author's Notes: So at the last minute I decided to make the twins last name be Organa-Solo because I wrote a future doc in this universe where I refer to Han as Han Organa-Solo and I'm stubborn.

Have you guys seen the clip from the new Lego Star Wars film?:

https://youtu.be/xYFSaqQ-oMM

Story Word Count: 883
Published: 25/07/22