2: Assimilating

Satan flies up into the sky above the battle, the dark sky looming over him with the bright moons as he holds his wife, who tries to break free of his hold. "Humans!" He shouts, gaining their attention. "For now, we shall grant you Ente Isla. But we shall return. And when we do, we will seize this continent and rule over you all!" He manifests the Gate and escapes with his wife and Alciel, the humans that besieged the castle walk out of the rubble of the castle wall the three demons ran out of.

"They escaped into the Gate. What do we do?" Olba asks the Hero clad in golden armour.

"We go after them, of course," She replies as she takes off her helmet.

"We have no way of knowing where the Gate leads," Emerada points out as she watches Emilia take off her helmet, letting her long silver hair fall.

"It doesn't matter what world they run to. I will find them," Emilia vows as she lifts off into the air. "I will find them and crush them with my own hands!"

_CHAPTER TWO_

Emilia stands her ground as she looks at the former Dark Lord as he sits on his bike, staring back at her in shock. "Why are you working at MgRonalds, Dark Lord Satan?!" She demands with a cold stare.

"Emilia the Hero?!" He exclaims with a gasp. "What are you doing here?"

"I entered the Gate to chase after you. To defeat you," She replies with a deadly tone.

"Wait...Emilia! We can talk this through?!" He tries to reason with her as she takes a step towards him.

"There is no place for words between us. Prepare yourself, Dark Lord!" She snaps and draws a small pocket knife, pointing it towards him for a couple of tense seconds.

"Uh...Emilia..." He says as he notices the knife.

"Silence. I'm not here to chat with you," She sneers at him.

"It's just that knife... don't they sell those in the 100 yen store in Sasazuka?" He asks her, pointing towards the small knife.

"S-so what?" She stutters, her demeanour changing to that of a nervous wreck.

"What happened to your holy sword?" He asks her.

"Th-that's none of your business!"

"Don't tell me you actually lost your sacred sword. Or can you just not afford to use it?"

"That goes for you too! The magic I sense from you is like a drop in the ocean compared to Ente Isla!"

"That's true...."

"Sword or no sword. It'll be a piece of cake to deal with some burger-flipping Dark Lord who's lost his magic! You're dead!" She races towards him with the intent to kill.

_CHAPTER TWO_