5: Cruising

3rd POV:

Chiho and Emi stand outside the Villa Rosa apartment building after Chiho, in a panic, calls the older woman last night about the lunch box incident. Emi goes along with her for moral support but wonders if Chiho is deluding herself, seeing as Maou is happily married to Kohana with a child, but they are friends, so she joins her. "So basically, you're not confident enough?" Emi asks her as they stand in the sweltering heat.

"If I lose, I won't get a second chance," Chiho tells her; though she wants to fight for Maou, she knows it won't go any further than friendship, seeing the way he is with his wife and wants to befriend her.

"Hey, now-" Emi goes to say but is cut off by the teen.

"The meal itself might have been totally off-season, but it was a very delicately prepared lunchbox." The teen explains, and they move towards the stairs. "Not to mention that if it was poisoned, they would be in grave danger."

"Though, if she was an assassin from Ente Isla, the deed would be done by now," Emi assures her as they walk upstairs.

{{CHAPTER FIVE}}

"Right..." She mumbles, and they stand in front of the apartment door.

"Chiho-chan, you really shouldn't use me as an excuse. Just confront them head-on," The Heroine tells her.

"R-Right," Chiho mutters, clinging to her bag with her food inside for the apartment full of people, and hesitantly presses the doorbell.

"Greetings!" Suzuno exclaims from within the apartment and opens the door to see the shocked faces of the two women on the other side. "Oh, my, Sadao-dono, Hana-dono, you have guests," She announces.

"Huh? Who is it?" Kohana asks as she walks out of the bathroom with Nana in a towel, having had a bath together.

"It is Emi-dono," Suzuno answers, and Emi glances at Chiho to see her still as a statue in horror, muttering under her breath, she gasps in shock

"Chiho-chan?!" Emi gasps as she looks at her young friend. "Not again!"

"S-Sadao?!" She mumbles, and Kohana walks over to the door.

"Are you okay?" She asks in a motherly tone, ushering the teen inside with Emi following. "What exactly are you both doing here?" She asks the Hero.

"She was upset about the lunch box last night, along with the message you left," Emi explains, and Kohana sits Chiho down next to Nana, who looks at the new addition with wide eyes.

"Pretty!" Nana says in awe, and Maou chuckles at his daughter.

"Hello?" Chiho snaps out of her haze, looking down at the little girl.

"That's Nana, my daughter," Maou explains, and she looks between the father and daughter, seeing the similarities between them.

"So Ashiya-san got knocked out by the summer heat, and you're cooking in his place? I see!" Chiho brightens up after they explain everything to her, and she stands by Suzuno as she prepares their breakfast. "Whoa, you've cut the perilla up so fine! It's gorgeous!" She beams as she watches with a smile as the others all sit around the table.