Chapter 7

Lydia's POV

I grumbled and rubbed my eyes, waking myself up. I sighed and looked around seeing that I was in Wilbur's room. More importantly, I was in his bed. I sat up quickly and looked to see Wilbur sleeping peacefully with his arm around my waist, everything from last night came back in flashes. I blushed and smiled lightly, I grabbed my phone and saw that it was 11:30. My eyebrows raised, I turned to Wilbur and tried to decide whether or not to wake him. I decided to lightly shake him and whisper, "I'm gonna go make some food Wil."

I watched him mumble something into the pillow and loosen his grip on me. I got out of his bed and found that we were home alone again, which I was thankful about. I walked into his shared kitchen and hunted through the fridge, ultimately grabbing the carton of eggs. I found a pan and some butter and switched on the stove.

Wilbur's POV

I rolled onto my side and my eyes slowly opened. The side of the bed felt empty, I laid my hand on it then remembered what happened last night. Her perfume lingered on the bed, it filled my senses making the bed feel and smell like heaven. I groaned and covered my face with my hands smiling. I rubbed my face and got out of my bed, I walked down the hall and found her in the kitchen attempting to make eggs. Her hair had been thrown up into a bun and she still had on my shirt. I stared at the shirt and felt my face start heat up but then remembered. She was with Theo. Not me.

Her head perked up when she heard me come closer to the kitchen, "Hey loser, how'd you sleep?" She gave me a warm and inviting smile obviously trying to avoid any uncomfortable energy.

"Okay," I yawned and leaned against the counter.

She paused, her eyebrows were pressed together. Finally she asked me, "Did anything," She paused, "Happen with us last night? It's all kinda coming back in flashes but," She sighed and bit her lip then leaned against the counter with me, "I just need to know that nothing happened with us."

I blushed and let out a weak, "Oh!" I coughed and smiled down at her, "Nothing happened Lydia, neither of us wanted the other to sleep on the couch so we shared my bed."

"Okay thank God," Lydia rubbed her temples and laughed lightly, "I told you about me and Theo right?" She looked up at me.

I nodded, "Yup."

She laughed awkwardly again, "Okay anyway, want some eggs?" She handed me and plate and jumped onto the counter swinging her legs on it. I grabbed the plate and started to eat.

Once we were done she got down and put her plate in the sink. "So," I started, "What are you gonna do today?"

"The band wants to try to write some songs and shit and uh," She turned around to face me but stared at the floor blushing, "Theo and I are going on a date later."

I felt my smile drop and jealousy washed over me, I fought it off with a smile and eventually I said, "Really? Where?"

She bit the inside of her cheek trying to fight back the smile that was growing on her face, "I dunno I think we're just gonna eat somewhere."

I nodded, "What does he even do?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?"

"Like as a job, do you even know anything about him?" I heard myself start to sound more and more protective over Lydia.

"I do know anything about him Wilbur," She rolled her eyes and smiled, "He's a police officer." She said it quickly, like she was embarrassed by his job.

I held back a laugh, "A, a police officer?" I choked out covering my mouth, "That guys a police officer?"

"Yeah! Don't make fun of him," She lightly hit my arm.

"I'm not," I laughed putting my hands up.

"Whatever," Lydia rolled her eyes then started to walk to the bathroom, "I'm gonna change then I think I have to go, my phone's been blowing up and I think 90% of it is from Aspen."

I nodded then turned to the sink and started washing the dishes. As soon as I heard the bathroom door close I pulled my hands out of the sink, dried them, and then shoved my face into my hands. I groaned quietly into them.

"Why is this bothering you so much, Jesus," I thought to myself, "Lydia has been my friend forever, and yeah I've thought about dating her before, and what it would be like to kiss her, and-" I quickly cut myself off before I could realize my feelings for her because I knew she didn't feel the same way about me. I continued to do the dishes until I heard her come out of the bathroom, she was changed back into her clothes. She had my shirt and sweatpants in her hands and walked up to me. She held her hand with my clothes out to me.

"Thanks for dealing with my bullshit last night," She joked.

"I deal with your bullshit every day Lyd," I took the clothes from her hand.

"That's true, but genuinely thank you, Wilbur," She stared up at me and placed one of her hands on my arm.

My words got caught in my throat, why was I acting like this? This wasn't anything different, she's held my arm before. I cleared my throat quickly and smiled back at her, "It was no problem, Lydia, I'm always going to be here for you." Her hand left my arm lightly and she nodded with a kind of dazed smile on her face.

"Okay, anyway enough with the sappy shit, I gotta go, Claudia's here. This was really fun though," She grabbed her bag and camera off my couch.

I nodded and watched her get her stuff, "Have fun on your date," I said smirking, "With Mr. Police officer."

Lydia shot me an angry look but I could tell she was trying not to smile, then she flipped me off before walking outside, "I will! Fuck you, Wilbur!"

"Bye Lydia!" I called after her as she walked over to Claudia's car and go into the passenger seat. I watched her and Claudia drive down the street and that pit of jealousy returned to my stomach.

AN: WILBUR CHAPTER! IK I SAID I WAS WORKING ON CHAP 8 BUT I MEANT CHAP 7 LOL, ANYWAY NOW IM WRITING CHAPTER 8! ILY GUYS.