Chapter 2

Suleiman Khan 

"I can't believe that fucker had nearly gotten away, " Osman said, slumping down on the couch beside Salahuddin. 

The fucker Sameer had been working with us for four years, and no one had got the least suspicion regarding him. I never involved outsiders in the illegal aspects of our syndicate. The outsiders were only hired to help with our legal businesses. 

Our business had flourished and clientele had doubled in the last four years since I had eliminated Nicholas Pereira from the business. He had never been the same man after the death of his wife. Three years ago he had completely vanished from Mumbai. 

Nicolas Pereira had been Viper's greatest rival when I had taken over. He was the boss of the Pereira syndicate. The Pereiras were native to Portugal. They had stayed in Goa even after independence and had started doing small hit jobs and drug dealings. 

Nicholas's father had expanded his business with time and had migrated to Mumbai, the heart of the Indian Mafia. The Pereira had risen in the early two thousand and had a stronghold over Mumbai till eight years ago. 

They might have continued to do so if they hadn't messed with the Vipers. My dad Bakhtiyar Khan was killed by the Pereira in a car accident, and I had taken over as the boss of Vipers at twenty. 

The Vipers were barely thriving at that time. The Pereiras had thought by getting rid of my father, they could get rid of the Vipers forever. They had another thing coming. I was nothing like my father. My father was a good man. He didn't deserve to be in this brutal world. On the other hand, I was tailored to this dark world. 

I was anything but weak. I had a lust for power and blood, even when I was a child. My dad had always tried to get rid of my lust. He had wanted a normal life for his children. He had been so wrong, because I was born to rule, to kill, and to maim. I never hesitated before killing. My first kill was at the mere age of twelve, it was a made man from a rival gang. He had been sent to get rid of me and my brother. We both had been at the cricket club, practicing for a match.

Osman and I had been in the locker room when the man attacked us. Our bodyguard had succeeded to unarm the attacker, but he had gotten shot in his stomach. I had killed the attacker by piercing a stump through his eye before he was able to get to his gun, which had fallen on the floor a few steps away. I was bigger than the boys of my age and stronger from the training I did with the made men of the vipers.

Osman was six years younger than me, still, he had shown signs of his bloodthirst from a very young age. Osman had never learned to control his temper. No one in this world could be more dangerous than Osman at his height of fury. He had gotten his nickname 'Fury' because of this quality. 

My parents had been horrified by the fact that I had killed a man. I was still a sweet boy to my mother. Dad had sent me for counseling, but he couldn't kill the blood lust inside me. I had gotten more lethal and cruel with each passing year. If the Pereiras had been smart, they would have killed me and my brother instead of our father. 

The Vipers were nearly at their end because of my father's weakness. He didn't have a heart to torture and kill. He was too good for this bloody world. Still, Pereira didn't have any right to kill him. My father did not deserve to die like that. He deserved to be with the love of his life in his last moments.

My mother had been shaken by the unexpected demise of my father. She never had been the same after that. Her health deteriorated after his death. Two years after my father's demise, my mom got a paralysis attack, which had bedridden her. The attack was severe and had permanently damaged her nerves. She was unable to move her limbs, hell she couldn't even talk.