Chapter 9

Mishal

One second Haris was leaning onto me and the next he was being jerked off me. I saw in astonishment as Suleiman punched him hard on his nose and he fell on the floor. Suleiman bent and pulled Haris to his knees holding his collar.

" You dared call my wife a whore? You dared to touch her?" Suleiman was holding him by his collar and was speaking in a deadly cold voice.

I looked up to find Abbu, Salahuddin, Osman, and my brother-in-law Shahnawaz Bhai standing in the hallway, with rage evident on their faces. I hadn't noticed when they all had arrived here. It was evident that they all have heard the last part of Haris's remarks. Suleiman looked completely composed and in control of himself. Haris was looking like he had seen a ghost. His face had lost its color and beads of sweat had started accumulating on his forehead. I think Haris was coming back to his senses.

" I will be cutting off his fingers first for touching my wife," Suleiman looked up to my Abbu and spoke in absolute calm, like he was not talking about cutting a man's fingers, instead he looked like a chef who was directing how he was going to cut a chicken, " Then I will cut out his tongue for calling my wife a whore."

I was filled with dread, I couldn't see this brutality unfold in front of me. Haris was a pervert, yes, but it didn't mean Suleiman could dismember his body parts, " No please, don't get your hands dirty for a pervert like him," I spoke before Abbu or anyone else could say anything.

"Head back to our room Mishal, we will be leaving in half an hour," Suleiman addressed me without removing his gaze from Haris's face.

"Mishal please don't go, they will kill me," Haris blurted out terrified.

"Salahuddin, escort Mishal back upstairs and stay outside the bedroom until I say so. It seems my wife is not safe in my own house because of some motherfuckers, among the Shahs," Suleiman looked at Salahuddin and ordered.

Salahuddin walked to me without even saying a word and gestured to me with his hand to follow him. I would have protested more, if not for the stone-cold expression on Suleiman's face.

"Osman, take him to the basement and don't start until I arrive. Jahangir Shah and I have something to discuss in private," I heard Suleiman addressing Osman before I took a turn in the hallway and was out of earshot.

I followed Salahuddin upstairs to our bedroom. He opened the door for me and I walked into the bedroom. Salahuddin closed the door after me. I slumped on the couch exhausted after what happened a few minutes ago. I knew no one would question what Suleiman does with Haris. Their family have been part of the Shahs for decades and were well aware of the rules. There was no doubt Haris's brother might be assisting Suleiman in dismembering Haris right now.

I was a part of the mafia household, I should have not been affected much by someone dying. Still, I couldn't fathom the fact that the man was going to die because of me. Haris had brought it upon himself and there was nothing that anyone could do about it.

Suleiman returned after nearly an hour. His clothes were soaked in blood. I flinched looking at him. His hands and face were covered with blood. Suleiman walked to the bathroom and closed the door. I was still sitting numbly on the couch, trying to calm my frantic nerves. Suleiman had just killed a man for touching me.

He emerged from the bathroom after a few minutes freshly showered and a towel wrapped around his waist. Suleiman pulled out a fresh pair of clothes and shut himself again in the bathroom. He came out after some time dressed in a black Pathani as usual and with a bag in his hand. He opened the door and handed the bag to Salahuddin, asking him to burn it.