Chapter 5

November 1913

Nizhny Novogrod

Today is my brother Adrien's birthday today! Me, Mama and Papa setted up the living room for the party , i helped Mama cook too! His former schoolmates are all invited as well. Papa and Adrien went out so we can arrange the surprise party.

"Everyone listen up!" Mama shouts as she claps her hands focusing the kids attention to her, "When Adrien comes home we will all shout 'Happy Birthday' everyone understood?" Mama states. All the kids nods their head and continues to play in with their toys.

I helped Mama decorate the cake with candies until i heard we heard a knock on the door. The room went silent. I looked at the window and saw Papa with Adrien.

"They're here everyone shout happy birthday when they enter okay?" I muttered. I went and opened the doors and everyone shouted happy birthday.

"That scared me to be honest" Adrien chuckled, "Happy Birthday little dude!" I smiled.

Everyone took photos and had fun while i sat in the corner munching on cake that Mama made.

Suddenly a knock was heard in the door. Everyone is already here and pretty sure we didn't invite others.

I opened the door and saw a guard with an elegant uniform, "Is Natalia Solovyova here?" He asks, "T-thats me why?" I stuttered, "Well we found your locket containing a picture of the Tsarina and her lost child Grand Duchess Samara with a note" he says. I looked at Mama and Papa and they looked scared. "What does the note say?" I ask, "Wait-" Mama got cut off as the officer started to read out the note,

"My dear Natalia, as you know you are adopted. Im writing this to you so you can read it when your old enough even though i gave it to you very early but we have something to tell you. Everyone always say you look exactly like the Grand Duchess Samara, the lost daughter of the Imperial Couple, i know you hate it when someone says that to you but its true. You are the Grand Duchess Samara, Samara Nikolaevna Romanova Grand Duchess of Russia. Yes you are her the lost Princess of Russia the lost daughter of the Imperial Couple. Yes they are your real parents the Tsar and Tsaritsa and the youngest sister of Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia. And yes me and your Uncle Edward stole you and we took you away from St. Petersburg because the guards planned on murdering you. I hope you understand my darling Natalia. Love: Mama and Papa."

I want to burst out in anger after the speech all this time they had been lying to me? Such liers! I cant believe i lived with a kidnapper for years! No wonder why they were so protective of me.

Tears rolled down my face. Adrien and his schoolmates were upstairs. "We have reported this to the Tsar and Tsaritsa and they ordered to take this girl to St. Petersburg" he stated, Mama bursted into tears while Papa stood silent, "When?" I ask, "Now" he replied, "N-now? Can she leave tommorow?" Mama said, "No it was the order of the Tsar" he answered. Mama even cried harder.

"Pack your bags we're leaving in 10 minutes" The officer ordered. I went upstairs ignoring Mama's sobbing and packed my bags.

I wrote a little note for them before i leave and a picture of me and us together. I forgive for what they did i understand.

I went downstairs with my bag and kissed Mama and Papa goodbye, "Dont forget us" Mama says. I smiled and walked to the officer.

I saw a carriage outside it was very luxurious it is definitely for a royal. I said my final goodbyes to 'Mama and 'Papa and hopped to the carriage with many guards following us behind.

I noticed there's a girl that looks around in her 20s beside me. "Hello what's your name?" I ask. She looked at me she had blue eyes and brown hair. "Hello Samara Nikolaevna im  Margareth you can call me Margo or Margie and im your lady in waiting" She introduces, "Hello Marga" i smiled, "Hello Samara" she chuckled, "I cant believe we found you with just a single locket!" She said, "Yeah no wonder my 'Papa' wont let me open them" I said, "Papa?" She said, "Well- step-father" i cleared, "Are you excited to meet your real family?" She asks changing the subject, "Yes well a little bit nervous" i said, "Dont worry you'll like them their nice and sweet" Margareth smiled.

We took the train route to St. Petersburg and i fell asleep during the trip and i woke up outside Alexander Palace it was big and luxurious.

Finally im in my real home to start a new life as the Imperial Grand Duchess Samara of Russia.