Chapter 9

February 1914

On the day of the journey to Sevastopol

I woke up by a ray of sunlight shining out the window. I moaned in annoyance and covered my face with a blanket. I slept very late last night because i was finishing the poem i was writing. "Samara Nikolaevna you have to wake up now. You need to get ready for your trip to Sevastopol" Margaret stated. I sighed in annoyance and sat up wiping my eyes. "What time did you sleep?" Margaret asks. I ignored her question and got out of the bed and fixed it. "Samara, it's rude to turn down someone's question" Maria scolded.

"Sorry, i slept late last night because i was finishing my poem" I answered as i combed my messy hair. "Well that is not good Samara Nikolaevna" Margaret says. "Where's Nastya?"
"She has already fixed herself. Now she's outside with Alyosha"
"But isn't it still, 6:30 in the morning?" I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Ah, well she is an early bird sometimes" Maria says. I chuckled.

I prepared my bag and attire Mama has prepared for us yesterday. Mine was a peach colored blouse and a navy blue skirt. Mama also packed us an outfit for the cold weather in Sevastopol. While waiting for Maria to finish having a bath. I headed downstairs and stood by the door. "Samara? What are you doing here still in your night gown?" Mama says from behind. "Good morning Mama. I just wanted some fresh air" I said as i turned to look at her. "Well better to fix yourself first! You cannot reveal yourself to anyone until you are all fixed up! Look at your hair! Its a mess!" Mama scolded. I apologized and went back to my room.

"Oh there you are, i was worried where you have gone off too again" Maria says putting her hand on her chest and blowing a sigh of relief.

After i finished talking a bath, Margaret fixed my hair in the casual hairstyle we always had.

I stood outside with my sisters. We are gonna be taking a train to Sevastopol. And the train is currently having some issues so we are forced to wait outside where we sat in boredom. We had some picture taking to record these moments in our photo album.

After a while, the train was fixed and we all hopped in. I opened the curtains to take a look at the view, it was beautiful. I have never seen anything on the outside world after i came to St. Petersburg. "Close the curtains Samara" Mama ordered. I opened my mouth to speak but Mama gave me the look. I frowned and closed the curtains.

Anastasia sat across me with a chess board in hand. "I noticed that you are dying out of boredom so-
"Nastya! Its bad to use such words!" Tatiana scolded. Anastasia rolled her eyes and continued her sentence, "So i got this chess board. Do you know how to play?" She asks opening the board and arranging the pieces. "I do." I answered lifting my head up. "Well then, lets play! I'll be the white and you'll be the black" She says.

"Hello little sister's. Are you playing chess?" Olga asks taking a seat next to me. "Yes! We are dying out of boredom. Im glad i brought this chess board with me" Anastasia says taking her turn to move a piece. "Where are the others?" I ask. "The others are with Mama and Papa, i was sent here to check in on you both" Olga answered gazing at the curtain. I looked at her direction and asked, "Why does Mama prohibit us to open the curtains?"
Olga and Anastasia exchanged looks and sat frozen in shock by my question. "Because Mama says its for our privacy" Olga answered looking at me. "Oh well, i understand then" I said forming little smile on my face.

The chess match has finished and Anastasia ended up winning. I leaned my head against the train wall with my own thoughts. Oleg says that they have moved in Sevastopol. I wonder if i will ever meet or come in contact with them. But im pretty sure Mama and Papa won't let me come in contact with random people after the incident.