Crime Scene Investigation

♢ ♢ ♢

"We just can't seem to catch a break, huh?"

Detective Moon squats down, lifting the tarp that covered the two victims' bodies. "Victims' names are Oh Y/N and Zhang Yixing, twenty-eight and thirty years old. Y/N was a competitive swimmer and diver apart of Geumman Swim Team while Yixing is a close friend of hers that she met while studying abroad in China."

Officer Bae hands out files to everyone. "Coroner puts their times of death at almost the same time, although their causes of death are different."

"Yixing's was drowning but Y/N's was a broken neck?" Detective Lee questions. "That doesn't make any sense."

"Maybe it was an accident? Y/N could've slipped and hit her head before falling into the pool, and then Yixing tried to save her but drowned while doing so. Maybe this isn't a homicide at all," Officer Yoo tries to reason.

"Yeah, that would make sense except for the fact that the blood splatter left from Y/N 'hitting her head' is four meters away from the edge of the pool. So technically, she would've had to roll herself into the pool, or Yixing threw her in and then tried to save her."

Officer Yoo purses his lips as he stares at Detective Moon. "I never said I was right, it was just a theory."

Detective Kim subtly rolls his eyes, his attention turning to Detective Moon. "Do we have access to the CCTV footage?"

"Unfortunately, the cultural center was in the midst of updating their very outdated security system," Detective Moon sighs. "So that's a no."

"How convienant," Detective Kim mumbles.

"Despite being quite popular, there's not much really known about Oh Y/N," Officer Bae states, scrolling through his phone. "I searched her up and the only posts to pop up are about her swimming and diving achievements."

"Do we have any suspects yet?" Detective Moon asks.

"Yeah," Detective Lee replies. "Eight of them."

"Then, what are we waiting for? We have two homicides to solve."

♢ ♢ ♢

End of Chapter