𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

"Miss Kim, dinner is ready. Please join us downstairs," Mr. Min's voice echoed through the hall, receding as he left her to prepare.

Y/n let out a weary sigh, splashing cool water on her face before reluctantly descending the grand staircase.

She chose a seat slightly apart from the others, with Yoongi occupying the last chair beside his husband. The family chatted animatedly, oblivious to her presence a relief Y/n cherished.

The dining room buzzed with activity as Jungkook and Jin entered, accompanied by maids bearing trays of delectable dishes. Jungkook's warm tone penetrated Y/n's thoughts, "Hey there, we've got your favorite chicken bulgogi and jjajangmyeon, princess." Y/n acknowledged this with a silent nod, keeping her gaze fixed on her plate.

Jin, ever the nurturing presence, noticed her distant demeanor. "Are you feeling alright, sweetheart? You seem quiet and distant tonight."

"I'm fine," Y/n replied, her voice carrying a hint of vulnerability after a long day spent in tears.

"Y/n, honey, look up," Jungkook urged gently, but Y/n kept her head down. "Dad, would you mind serving the food, please? I have some unpacking to do and a mountain of homework," she deflected, her focus on her tasks.

Jungkook sighed, his concern for his daughter evident. "Alright, but promise us you'll talk to us if something's bothering you."

As the meal progressed, the room filled with the sounds of eating, but Y/n was struggling to hold back tears.

The taste of the food brought back memories of her mother's cooking, causing a solitary sob to escape her trembling lips. The room fell into an uneasy silence as everyone turned their attention to her.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" Jin's worry was palpable, but Y/n couldn't bring herself to respond.

Yoongi decided to intervene. He rose from his seat and approached her, a cautious distance away.

Gently lifting her tear-streaked face, he was taken aback by her puffy, red eyes. It was evident she had been crying for a while. Without hesitation, he enveloped her in a comforting hug, allowing her to find solace in his shoulder. He tenderly stroked her back, offering her the support she needed.

The room remained hushed as everyone observed Y/n's distress.

"Darling, can you tell us what's been troubling you?" Yoongi asked softly, wiping away her tears.

"The food…it reminded me of my mom's cooking, and I just miss her so much," she managed between sobs, her voice choked with emotion.

Gently patting her head, Yoongi continued to hold her, allowing her to release her pent-up feelings. His concern outweighed any discomfort from his wet shirt.

After a few minutes, Y/n's sobs began to subside. She pulled away from the embrace, returning to her seat. Her stepfathers and father settled back into their chairs, exchanging concerned whispers.

From the corner of her eye, Y/n noticed their worried expressions. With a deep breath, she finally spoke, her voice tinged with vulnerability, "I hope you all understand that my emotions got the best of me. I didn't mean what I said."

With that, she quickly rose from her seat and made her way upstairs to her room, leaving her untouched dinner behind.

"Where are you going without eating, sweetie?" Jungkook called after her, his concern evident.

"I just don't have the appetite right now," Y/n confessed softly before disappearing from their view.

As they watched her retreat, her family understood that they needed to address the situation before it escalated further.

____________________________________________________________________________