A New Face

I listen again.

"Y/n."

Who's calling my name? What? I stand up and wipe my tears. I Open to door to see a person I've never seen before. He looks almost contradictory to Kaeya. He has pale shimmery skin, his eyes have a certain sparkle in them, and his hair is a bright vibrant crimson red, accenting his other features.

"Your y/n, correct? Kaeya wants to see you." He says. His voice is super crisp and manly, a very attractive voice, but not as attractive as Kaeya's. There I go again, I cant go a single second without thinking about that man.

"Hello?"

"Oh! Yes indeed I am y/n." I say.

"Like I said, Kaeya would like to see you."

"Uhm, before we go, may I ask who you are?" I question.

"Oh, sorry about that, I'm Diluc, Kaeya's brother."

Kaeya has a brother? No wonder he looks kind of like Kaeya. But their visions are completely opposite. Interesting...

"Now, we must get going, Kaeya is waiting for us." Diluc says.

I nod and close my house door. Why does he want to see me? To ask why I ran off earlier? What am I supposed to tell him?

Oh, I ran off because I saw the knights handbook that if I ever become a knight, I cant be with you, even though we were never actually together because it was just a fantasy in my head and I wanted to go cry about that alone.

Yeah, no thank you. Theres no way Im going to tell him that. He can't know I have a crush on him, that I'm madly in love with him.... he just cant... I'm not sure why I want to keep this from him, it's like a constant alarm ringing in my head telling me to just go and tell him how I feel, but I just cant.

Besides, why would he tell Jean that I would make a good knight? He has to have read the whole handbook like I just did. Of course he saw the rule about intimate knight relationships, so if he liked me, why would he want me to become a knight if I can't be with him? I'm probably just being a desperate hopeless romantic.... I'll lose feelings for Kaeya no problem.

Diluc Leads me to Windrise, my anxiety is rapidly increasing, what does Kaeya have to say to me? To say he doesn't like me? I already know that. I zone out of reality and we reach the massive oak tree, as a kid, I've been told about a woman named Vanessa, supposedly a hero from Monstadt, who ascended to Celestia and took the form as a falcon. And now is a god who watches over Monstadt. I wish I could go back to be a kid, no worries, no responsibility, no problems with feelings.....

"Y/n?" I notice we had reached the tree, I really need to pay more attention.

"Oh, hey Kaeya." I say.

Please don't ask why I ran off.

"Why'd you run off like that?" Kaeya says concerned.  

Fuck.

I try to awkwardly laugh to get him to be a bit less serious.

"Kaeya you're so silly, I told you, I had stuff to do" I hit his shoulder.

"I know you're lying y/n." He mumbles.

I look at him in disbelief. How does he know? We've only known eachother for a week. Well, at least as friends.

"Kaeya, can you just believe me? Plus, we've only known each other for a week, I don't know if I can completely trust you yet, so please, just drop it." I say. Did I just argue with him? After he told Jean I would be a great knight?

What is up with me? I'm so confused about my own behavior. Kaeya looks at me with a sad face, like he's about to cry. Did I just-

"Y/n, I understand, you don't want to be near me I get it" He sighs.

"What? No! That's not what I'm saying! I love being with you, you are the best man I've ever met, even though it's only been a week, you are already special in my heart, you've always been, even before the dance, your always so kind, despite your flirty behavior, you are an amazing person Kaeya." I can't stop blushing, I'm smiling, a little too hard, he's gonna think I'm creepy.

He has a slight grin on his face. I don't say a word, I want to see what he has to say.

"Well that's reassuring" He chuckles.

He grabs my hand and kisses it. I immediately turn into a tomato, and pull my hand away.

"Stop it!" I laugh.

He laughs along, and grabs my hand. I try to pull away, but his grip only gets stronger. He pulls my arm into a hug. His arms are wrapped securely on my back, my face is shocked, I've been blushing this entire time. He lets out a comfortable sigh, his chest is hard, and toned. His skin is soft, and smooth. I start to wrap my arms around him. I get a shocked gasp from him. I hug tighter, I can hear his heartbeat, he is so beautiful, I just want to-

"MHM"

Shit. I forgot Diluc was right there.

"Did you forget you have company?" Diluc asks. He looks almost jealous. And angry.

I pull away from the hug, I look at Diluc and smile. He lets out a gasp.

"Sorry about that" I chuckle.

"I'll get going now, the sun is setting" I wave bye to Kaeya and Diluc, and start my walk back to Monstadt.

My whole plan for losing feelings for Kaeya is long gone, I love this man with all my heart, and I'll never stop loving him. The way his body feels in my arms, how warm he is, how comforting he is, I never want to lose him.