chapter 3: Just Brahms and I

(clothes your wearing)

The next morning I woke up surprisingly feeling refreshed from yesterday. I got dress and decided to finish off the sketch of the doll Brahms, once I got everything for it I suddenly heard a commotion in the room next to me, which was Brahms'. 'What was that? I hope everything is okay in there... I think I'll go check.'

I got up from the desk that was positioned just next to my bed and started walking out of my room and towards Brahms'. when I got there, the door was slightly opened so I knocked on the door politely, "Is everything alright in there? I heard some commotion."

I open the door fully to see that the whole room was a mess, Mrs Heelshire was on her knees in the centre while Brahms was sitting on the edge of his bed. "Everything is okay dear, it's Just that Brahms is being stubborn and misbehaving. Wait till I tell Daddy! Mummy has to go now, so you have to be a good boy. Just like you promised us." I go over and start cleaning the room for Mrs Heelshire.

"It seems to me that Brahms is worried about you and is going to miss you while your gone," I pick up a book from the floor as Mrs Heelshire looks at me, "But I fully understand that he used his actions the wrong way and should say sorry."

I then look at Brahms, as well as Mrs Heelshire, to motion for him to say sorry while giving him a stern expression to show that I was not joking. When I heard a whisper or something, I took that as an apology and gave an appreciative smile at Brahms. Mrs Heelshire seemed to calm down too and we both started cleaning up the room.

Whenever I would crouch down to pick up a toy or book on the floor, I would glance at my thighs and slightly cover them up since I didn't like the way they widened whenever I crouched. Once we were done, Mr Heelshire was at the door and called me over while Mrs Heelshire took care of Brahms.

"I apologize for the rush, Miss L/n. It's been so long since we've gone on a holiday and we're anxious to be off," He seemed a bit nervous about the event as we started walking down the hall, "Besides, Brahms seems so... so fond of you. I only wish we had an opportunity to explain to you the idiosyncrasy of a child as unique as our Brahms. But I'm sure you'll figure them out sooner or later."

I gave him a kind smile, "I'm sure I will."

Mr Heelshire then proceeds to take some paper out of his pocket, "I even got something that could help you along. It's a schedule with rules. Mrs Heelshire was kind enough to write one out, you see."

He unfolds the paper and handed it over to me, I started to scan over them, "Now, it may seem a bit silly at first, but it's important that you follow these because Brahms is not like other children," He explained as we make our way down the stairs, "He can be particular and I'm afraid we may have indulged him a bit through the years."

When we finally got to the front entrance, it seemed that Mr Heelshire's nervousness only went higher the closer we got to the door. "Come along Mummy," He shouted out to Mrs Heelshire before turning back to give my fall attention, "Malcolm will come here once a week with groceries, and of course your payment. I'm sure that he'll answer any questions that you could have," He sounded pained to leave Brahms behind, I nod and smiled while he was talking, "I'm sorry, I'm a bit off today; it's been a long time since we've gone anywhere. It's...."