chapter 8: The Real Brahms

I heard some muffled yelling from somewhere as I slowly woke up, I open my eyes to see that Brahms was nowhere to be seen. I pushed myself up and looked around the room to see if he was anywhere, that's when the yelling became louder and clearer to me, "Y/N!" it was Cooper, "Y/N, GET IN HERE!" I quickly got up and rushed over to where Cooper was.

When I got there, he got a tight grip onto my arm and pulled me towards a certain area in the living room, "What is this?" he looks at me and points at the high glass windows and his bag of clothes, which had dead rats and blood in the bag and writing of 'get out' on the window in rat blood, "was it you?" he gave me a stern look.

"No, it wasn't me; I didn't do it." I said it in a hushed voice not wanting to provoke him, but it didn't seem to work. "Don't play these games with me! How can that not be you? No one else is in this house." I felt cornered from all his pressure when I sure something in my peripheral vision, I looked to my right to see Brahms sitting on one the single couches.

"Brahms." I breathed out, I slowly moved towards the doll as Cooper turned to face it as well. "The doll?" I pick Brahms up then looked back at him, and his facial expression asked if I was insane, "The doll wrote this? Don't pull this shit on me, Y/n." he started raising his voice at me and I instinctively curled my back up a bit, covered my face and tightened my grip on Brahms.

Something seemed to have clicked in his head since he stopped, "Okay, fine. It was the doll, now give it to me." I shook my head at him and backed away, "Give me the doll." I shook my head more rapidly, probably giving me a headache, but I didn't notice from the adrenaline, "No."

Cooper then tried to make his voice sound kind and considerate, "Give me the doll, Y/n?" when I still refused and started running from him as best as I could, "Hand him over!" he chased after me and even tried to grab me, "No, no, get off me! ...It was me. You were right, it was me." We go into a room that has a huge mirror.

"It's too late. Now, give me the doll." We both huffed from running and I took a step back to keep my distance from him. "No."

"Y/n? Now! I'm not joking around!" suddenly, Malcolm came in, he must have stayed in his car just in case something did happen, "Hey, get your things and get out of here!"

Cooper turns around and looks at him, staring him down, "You know, everyone just seems to be in a big hurry for me to leave," Malcolm comes over to me and checks if I was ok which said I was, "Maybe... Maybe you left that little message for me. Or are you going to say it was the doll too?" Malcolm looked at me confused as if to say, "what did the doll do?" I looked back at Cooper, seeing that he was going to blow any minute.

"Cooper, you don't understand what's happening. The doll..." he stopped me from continuing.

"No. I think I understand exactly what's going on. Give me the doll!" he rushed at me and pulled the doll out of me hand with brute force. "Cooper!" he tossed and swinged the doll around as he looked at Malcolm and I, "Cooper, please! No!" he huffed and held the doll by its waist. "Fine." then all of a sudden, he swings the doll's head into a table.

"NO!" the shatter of the dolls head could be heard all around the room, my eyes started to get teary from the overwhelming emotions and I crouch down onto the ground to weak in the legs to stand up anymore. Silence fell on the room as the last piece of the dolls head hit the floor, then thuds and even lights started flickering from something in the walls, "What the hell was that?" Cooper states as we all follow where the noise is coming from.

"I think we need to leave," Malcolm tries to pick me up, but my legs just didn't want to move, the noises stop when it comes to the huge mirror, "We should.... we should really go." Cooper decides to go up to the mirror and put his ear towards it to find out if something was behind it, he looks back and forth for a few seconds, "There is something-" he was cut off by the mirror shattering and hitting him far away from it.