Love doesn't exist

26 April 2004 7:16 am

Crap. I'm such an idiot. I can't believe I set my alarm wrongly. I dragged myself down the empty school halls.

Well, at least I can take a nice long nap in class before school starts.

Yawning, I stumbled into the classroom expecting it to be empty, but there was someone already there to my surprise. A boy in the front row was sitting at his desk while staring intensely at his math textbook and scratching his head. His black hair was pulled back in a slick ponytail and his glasses were so thick that his eyes were barely visible.

Is this crazy motherfucker doing maths at 7 am!? I gave him a weird stare before dumping my bag on the floor and sitting down at my desk. I rested my head on the table, my eyes slowly closing as I drifted off to dreamland...

However, my short moment of peace and rest was cut short by a loud shout and the sound of a table crashing to the floor. Startled, I opened my eyes to try and find the source of the commotion. I looked over and spotted the boy who was now standing up, his fists curled at his sides as his shoulders rose and fell. Damn, someone's mad... Even his desk was upturned and all his belongings were scattered across the floor.

"Bro, can you chill out. I'm trying to sleep over here." I called out to him.

"GODDAMMIT. I just don't get these FUCKING math problems!" He growled as he kicked his table. He was getting that angry over a math problem? Man's got some serious anger issues...

Sighing, I got up and walked over to the boy. There was no point in trying to get some sleep now so I might as well try and help this weirdo."Lemme see."

The boy bent over to pick up his textbook and tossed it to me. I flipped it open, expecting to see some super long equations with lots of algebra or some shit. Instead, I just saw a bunch of chicken scribbles across the page. This is some of the ugliest handwriting I've ever seen. I squinted my eyes as I tried my best to read the "numbers" all across the page.

"Why did you add these two numbers together? There's a division symbol here so that means that you have to divide them." I said after finally being able to make out some of his workings.

I glanced over at the boy who was busy picking up his pens. He looked like a total nerd but his workings were a whole other story. It didn't make any sense.

He quickly ran over to see what I was talking about. "That's a decision symbol? I thought it was just a funny-looking plus sign."

"Division symbol." I corrected him. "You don't remember? We learnt it in elementary school."

"Eh!? I have no memory of ever even hearing about that word..."The boy exclaimed with a look of shock and confusion. Was this guy for real...how did he even pass elementary school??