🍂Judaiyaan [Part-1]🍂

Y/n- Your name.
*****

Y/n's POV:-

Adjusting the pleats of my saree, I made my way out of the crowd. Parties are not my thing, especially business parties.

Greeting a few guests on the way I tried escaping this place but neither my attire nor my luck is supporting me today. Yash was right, I should have just worn an Anarkali instead of this black saree.

Her outfit:

Urghh!! These pleats seem to cluster up all the time!!

And now trying to fix my saree, I walked into something or rather someone. What more does this evening have in store for me?

"I'm sorry!" We both said at the same time, the voice sounded vaguely familiar. I look up only to meet his honey-brown orbs. Thirteen years, I was seeing his face after thirteen fucking years.

"Y/n! I- It's so good to see you after so long! How have you been?" So, he did remember me after all.

"Yeah, It's really been long. I'm doing great, and so are you... I guess..." My voice trailed as I eyed the lady whose hand was wrapped around his bicep.

"Uh, yeah! Umm... Meet my wife, Anushka!" He said pointing towards the same lady.

"I'm Y/n, Nice to meet you," I said forwarding my hand for a formal handshake.

"How do you guys know each other?" She asked.

Before I could respond he spoke up, "College friends, yeah college friends!"

Friends, wow. Of course, how can he tell his wife about his ex-girlfriend?

"Mr. Raval!" Came a voice from behind me. I very well know this voice; my husband, Yash Khurana.

He walked up to us and wrapped his arm around me, "What is Darshan doing here?" I whisper asked him.

"He is the brand ambassador of my company, of course, he would be here. How do you know him?" He counter questioned.

Life is playing games with me! My ex-boyfriend is the brand ambassador of my husband's company. Wow.

"Mr. Raval, I guess you have already met my beautiful wife, Y/n!" Darshan nodded eyeing Yash's hand which was on my waist.

They got busy talking about their business-related stuff and I excused myself from there. I need to breathe and his presence was not helpful at all.

Someone gripped my elbow and dragged me to a corner. I knew who it was, Megha, my best friend.

"I saw Darshan!" She gasped.

"I know, I already meet him," I replied.

"You alright?" She asked, concern laced in her voice.

"It's been 13 years, Megha. I am married, I love Yash and Disha. But I'd be lying to myself if I say that I don't think how beautiful my life would have been if we did run away that night."

"You still miss him, don't you."

"I do, but Disha's innocent face makes it all worth the sacrifice." I sighed.

Disha Khurana, my 10-year-old daughter.

"What did he say?" She asked.

"Nothing, just a formal talk. He is married as well and he introduced me to his wife as a 'college friend'." I said, air quoting the words 'college friend'.

"College friend? Dude, you did your graduation in Mumbai while he did engineering in Ahmedabad! He is still a dork, how did you even fall for him?" Megha chuckled.

"I myself don't know. I- I need some fresh air, I'll see you in a bit." I rushed out of the hall.

Luckily the party was on the 29th floor of a huge 7star hotel. I walked up towards the terrace which was as expected, empty. Finally some peace.

I stood near the edge and took in a deep breath, the magnificent view of the Arabian sea calming me down. Mumbai, the place where I was born and brought up. The place where I spent the most beautiful years of my life, I am back here today after a decade. I may not be the same carefree and free-spirited Y/n now, rather I am a responsible woman, a wife, and a mother.

All the memories came rushing down my mind. I met Darshan on the set of Rawstar, and it was like we just clicked. I was just a young 18-year-old college student. We used to hang out a lot and after a year he proposed me and of course I said yes.

Darshan was doing amazing music and my college life was going well too. Life was perfect until our families got to know about our relationship. As expected Darshan's parents excepted me pretty easily but my parents didn't approve the idea of me getting married to a Gujarati guy. My conservative Punjabi family didn't support my love story. Instead, just after my graduation, they got me married to Yash. Putting a full stop to my once beautiful love life. According to them, getting me married would get Darshan off my mind, and it did get him off my mind but not my heart. Somewhere I still feel for him.

But life is indeed unfair but I did get my share of happiness, after all. Yash is a very caring husband. A year into the marriage and I started developing feelings for him.

I was doing okay, a small family, a caring husband, a daughter as a blessing in disguise. Everything was perfect, but he comes back one fine day and I lose my sanity. Why is his presence affecting me so much? I don't love him anymore... Or do I? No, I can't! I- I just can't!

I rubbed my arms as a cold breeze flew past me. I felt someone place a blazer over my shoulder, I turned to look at the person-

TO BE CONTINUED...

Baat jo kehni thi tumse woh kahe bina
So gaye, so gaye...
Itne the paas hum
Aur ab ajnabee ho gaye...

******
HELLO!!

*Sighs* SO,
Here is some crap straight out of my imaginative world.

How was it? Did you like it?
*fingers crossed*

I can't say that this is my first attempt at writing something cuz I've been working on a book for over a year now, but this is the first time I'm actually updating what I've written. Lol.

Please, please, please, tell me what you think about it!

And also just take out a nanosecond and vote the chapter, pretty please. 🙃

See you in the next update, byee.

HAPPY READING!❤️
#SPREADLOVE!💙✨

~Yours
Sachi💚