Dooriyaan Qareeb [Part-1]

Darshan's P.O.V:-

I walked out of the washroom with a towel around my hips and another around my shoulder. A nice refreshing shower after a concert is what heaven feels like. I was hell tired but concerts always make me happy.

Changing into a pair of sweatpants I picked up my phone to see it flooded with Twitter notifications. Thanked my fans for always being there, be it virtually or in real life, they are always with me.

I was just lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling when my phone buzzed flashing a video call from Aarohi. My lips curled up at an instant. I answered the call and her bright smiling face appeared on the screen.

"Hiii!!" I cheered.

"Heyy, I was actually assuming you'd be asleep but then I saw you active on Twitter, so I called." She smiled with a small shrug. I took in her surrounding, she was lying on her bed as usual. Her legs facing the headboard, swinging lazily from time to time. Her hand rested under her chin as she stared at me through the screen between us.  

"I was going to sleep in a while. Why are you up so late?"

"I should be sleeping but a certain someone was performing at the concert, I couldn't miss watching him live." I looked at her in awe. Man, I'm so much in love with this girl on the other side of the screen.

"Ohh, who is that certain someone my I know?" She chuckled saying "My boyfriend you know, he is an amazing singer. A complete rockstar when he's on stage." while looking straight into my eyes. I smiled wide and sat up straight holding the phone a bit away from my face, adjusting my position.

"Why are you sitting shirtless Mr. Raval?" She squeaked shyly. I smirked, she looks so cute when she's shy.

"Like what you see?" I grinned, purposely showing her more of my clevage.

"Go wear something, you idiot!" 

"Nah, I like it this way." She whined at my annoying antics while I just laughed at her irritated face.

"You are such an annoying asshole." She frowned. "But you love this annoying asshole, don't you?" I grinned.

"Meri kismat hi kharaba hai, aab kya kar sakte hai." She sighed, dramatically.

"Drama queen," I murmured. We stayed in a comfortable silence for a while, just staring at each other.

"It's been more than six months since we last met," I spoke up. "I miss you Aaru."

"I miss you more than you know, Darsh. But we can't do anything. Your schedule is full of concerts for the next few months and my boss won't give me a leave."

"I don't know how, where, when. I just want to see you, in front of my eyes without this stupid screen in between us! I want to hold you in my arms and kiss you passionately. I just- urgh." I ranted out.

"Calm down Darsh, yeh dooriyaan filhal hai. We will be in each other's embrace soon, trust me." Why does she have to be so fucking far away from me? Like a thousand kilometers away? 

"Kyu hai yeh dooriyaan?? Why can't we just be with each other?"

She smiled, "Raval, we knew long distance was not going to be easy, but we decided to not give up on each other when I got transferred to Banglore, didn't we? It was you who had faith in us, so why are you getting restless now? We will be with each other because I have faith in us." I pressed my forehead against the screen and she did the same.   

"Darsh," She sighed. "Always remember, my heart holds you when my arms cannot." I looked at her with glossy eyes.

"Chalo now, don't get too emo. You know I love your smiling face na? So smile for me Mr!" She said, making me smile softly.