one

be sure to vote and comment!

"hello chat." george said in his high pitched voice, causing the three year old next to him to giggle.

the chat immediately began to spam variations of "what was that" and "is that J?". his seasoned and regular audience were the ones who could identify the high pitched giggle.

"wanna say hi, J?" george asked, carefully looking between his monitor and the child to make sure they didn't appear on camera.

"hi." she quietly replied.

"in case any of you are new, no i do not have a child. J is my niece and we call her J because she's only three and it protects her identity. she likes to sit with me while i stream so if you hear a small person laughing or talking then its her."

the connection between george and his niece has always been undeniable. when she was first brought home from the hospital, there were times that george was the only one who could calm her down when she would cry for hours on end. as she got older she would get genuinely upset any time she had to leave uncle george. her favorite pass time was always sitting and watching him play video games, and occasionally getting input in telling him what to build in minecraft.

due to his sister's request, he always was quiet about his niece and kept that from being public knowledge. one day, however, that was unavoidable when his microphone picked up the sounds of a toddler having a meltdown in the next room over because her mother told her it was time to leave uncle george's house because he had work to do.

he quickly began dismissing it as thin walls and noisy neighbors but that didn't hold much water after his sister walked in and began apologizing, not realizing he had already begun his stream.

after he muted his microphone and both panicked for moment, they both realized it wasn't the end of the world. he discredited anyone in chat who was asking if he had a girlfriend and explained that it was his sister and her child.

since then she allowed J to sit on the chair behind george while he streamed as long as she promised to he quiet, because this was his job. so she would sit with her legs crossed and intently watch as he talked to people she couldn't hear and as he played his games.

"are you kidding me?" george slapped his hands against his face to cover his expressions before yelling and hitting his desk when he finally died in bed wars after his and callahan's bed was broken.

his demeanor changed as he muted himself and brought his attention over to the little girl tugging on the end of his shirt. she was still too small to be picked up by the camera, but her curly black hair that sat in a ponytail on top of her head wasn't too short.

"sorry i yelled." george quickly apologized.

"someone knocked on the door. i think its mommy." the small voice informed, knowing she had gotten in trouble in the past for trying to answer the door.

"i'll be right back guys." george quickly unmuted and then muted himself before grabbing J's small hand and leading her to the door.

"mommy!" J exclaimed before jumping into her mother's arms.

"journey!" her mother held her tight and placed a kiss on the cheek. "was she alright?"

"she was good. we played with her barbies for a bit and she's just been watching me stream since then." george responded as he grabbed the girl's backpack full of toys and snacks.

"can you say bye to uncle george?"

journey stretched her arms out towards her uncle to grab her from her mother's arms. he placed a kiss on the top of her head as he gave her a tight squeeze.

george's sister watched in awe of her little brother. her appreciation for her brother's gentleness and attentiveness to her daughter was always apparent. his protection over the two girls would make you think he was an older brother, and not two years younger.

"are you still good to watch her tomorrow?"

"of course. we'll have fun won't we, j?" george replied as he passed the child back to her mother, who gave him an eager nod.

"you're the best. then we'll go ahead and start heading out. see you tomorrow, georgie." she gave her brother a quick hug before leaving with her daughter.

george quickly got back to his computer where he saw hundreds of people in chat wondering where he went.

"sorry everyone, my sister came to get J. i think i may end it here for today, however. i'm pretty tired." his chat was filled with people in protest.

"i'll stream soon, i promise. i'm sorry i haven't been the best, but i'll do better. tubbo is live so let's raid him. buh-bye everyone! byeee!" george frantically waved goodbye before ending the stream.

an unintentional sigh escaped his mouth as the stream ended. he quickly began closing out his tabs so he could go on to bed, when he noticed he had a message on discord from wilbur.

hey mate! looking forward to
tomorrow afternoon! i sent the
address earlier for you. thanks
again for helping us out!

george had completely forgot about his commitments to help his friend wilbur and his band when he had told his sister he'd help with watching journey. but if there were two things george was good at, it was forgetting commitments and making things work despite that.