Run

The others were already running, not fully sure where to go in this maze of hallways. Who would even want to live here? Did they only own this house to catch unsuspecting victims? Maybe, but they wouldn't have put so much time into this house just for it. While running, Logan got split up from Thomas and Nico. This didn't worry him though, as those two were much more likely to slow him down, he was better off alone now that Virgil was dead. He continued to look.

Thomas was near tears but trying to not cry as he hugged Nico's arm. Nico assured Thomas that they would be okay, but not even he was sure about that. He hugged his slightly taller counterpart back. "It will be alright Thomas," He assured him, "we're going to make it out of here alive." His voice was calm and collected. Even with this reassurance, Thomas didn't believe they had much longer to live, or for him to be around Nico. The reality of this made him do something without even thinking; he kissed Nico. He hadn't even known this man for a day, but yet, he was so infatuated with him. Thomas was taken by surprise when Nico replied with a kiss back to him. He wouldn't want to admit it but this calmed him down quite a bit. It was nice. Sadly, those feelings only lasted for a moment. Roman appeared in front of them.

"Where do you two think you're going?" Roman laughed at the site. Had they really thought they could leave so easily? It was honestly humorous to him. He simply grabbed Nico, however when he tried to grab Thomas he stepped away too quickly.

"Thomas run!" Nico yelled in a panic. Thomas was about to say no, but just as he opened his mouth Roman bit Nico on the neck and started sucking his blood. Adrenaline coursed through Thomas as he quickly grabbed Nico and yanked him away from Roman. They ran. Nico, who was starting to feel lightheaded from blood loss, simply could not run. Thomas picked him up and kept running. Roman was quick, but maybe if Thomas could get him off of their trail they would be alright. Thomas turned the corner with Nico in his arms and darted to a closet, quickly shutting the door and locking it before Roman could see.

Janus was hugging Patton. They really had nowhere to go, or hide. But why were they still alive? As they finished that thought, someone did appear. It was Remus once again. Patton pleaded, "Please don't kill us Remus! We're barely in our 20's" Remus simply smirked at this notion.

"I won't kill you as quickly as I did Virgil. That was just because I hadn't had human blood in a while!" Remus walked over to the two. "Plus, killing you so quickly wouldn't be as fun. Hearing the screams of you however, is fun. The longer your shrieks of horror and pain are, the better it feels to me. I enjoy it," Remus continued to go into detail about what it was like to drain the life out of a human soul. Patton was getting queasy listening to it, and this didn't help with how scared he was. Remus came to a full stop and stood before them. It was terrifying. "Oh you poor things, you can't even escape me now..Well, at least you won't have to be turned into vampires as Roman and I once were. You'll be dead! You won't have to suffer and lose all of your loved ones as we did, watching each and every one die before you. You won't have to be a monster just because you don't want to go crazy" This actually made Patton a little sad. Of course it was awful to be killed in this way, but Remus was right, at least they wouldn't be nearly immortal. Janus however, had a question in his mind. Why couldn't they just kill animals? Remus saw the ponder on Janus's face. "What is your question?"

"Oh uhm, why can't you just drain the blood from things like goats?" Janus asked, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Well, vampires that were once human can not drink the blood of anything besides other humans, it's basically like poison. If you're born a vampire, which can only happen if the woman carrying you is bitten before you're born, then you can drink the blood of other animals. I sadly was not born a vampire, so guess what? I have to drink human blood even if I don't want to." Remus said in response, spitefulness dripping from his mouth. Janus didn't notice at first, but as Remus was talking he had grabbed Janus's hand and was slowly guiding him up. Janus was now standing.

"W-What are you doing?" Janus stuttered, terrified as to what may come. Remus bit his neck just as Roman did to Nico, and sucked their blood. He didn't take much from Janus, but it was enough to weaken him. Patton was simply paralyzed in fear, unable to move; this made it easy for Remus to grab him and do the same. Since Janus was so weak, he couldn't stop Remus. He drained a little less blood from Patton and dropped him back on the floor. They were both so weak, they could barely move. "Y-You bitch.." Janus mumbled, looking over at Patton who was just curled up with his eyes closed. "If you're going to kill us anyways just do it now.." Janus said, their voice getting more raspy as they talked. Remus just shrugged and picked them back up.

"If you say so." Remus began to suck his blood, quickly finishing and dropping them on the floor. He looked at a quivering Patton. He was crying. But sadly, Janus already sealed their fate. He soon did the same to Patton, however he took much longer with him. Being filled with joy at the sounds of Patton's screams. Patton was soon a lifeless corpse just like the two Remus had picked off before. He teleported to Roman.