Chapter Twenty-Five

"Sarah, do you think Stefania deserved the lead role in the production?"

When the words left his mouth, the room fell dangerously silent. Awaiting the carefully calculated response from the red-head.

The game of truth or dare had been pretty tame up until this point. A lot of people making out with each other and a lot of people sharing their drunken secrets.

This question left Danielle seething with anger. Stefania sitting down in silence, staring down at the carpet, unsure of how to react in this exact moment. Why open the can of worms in front of all these people? Why couldn't this conversation happen without the crowd?

"Truthfully?" Sarah starts, spewing alcohol from the red cup. "I don't think she is worthy. It should have been me..." The mumbling picks up again; people whispering to one another and eyeing the brunette.

"What the fuck? How can you even say that?" Danielle stands up. Forgetting the amount of eyes on this very conversation. "You know deep down that she is the most deserving person in this very room. And you? You don't even deserve to be in this play."

Stefania stands up to join the blonde, finding it hard to breathe, except she heads for the door and exits out into the garden. Exploding into a rage of tears. Barrett runs behind the brunette; pushing everyone out the way to make sure her roommate and best friend was okay. Slamming the back door in a state of panic and fury.

"Oh? Poor girl needs her broken girlfriend to speak for her— how cute." She deadpans, standing up to meet the blonde eye-to-eye.

"Oh and where's your boyfriend? I don't see him defending you?" Danielle shoots a look at Zach who is sheepishly sitting down in the corner of the room. Shying away at any sort of conflict. "What a load of shit..."

The blonde turns around to try and escape out of the house and into the garden. But before she can even take two steps, she feels a heavy pull on her hair. Dragging her back into the living room.

"You bitch..." Danielle spits, turning round and raising a hand to the red-head. Slapping her cold against her blemished skin, striking her cheek with blunt fingernails.

Sarah yells at the pain and attempts to knock the blonde to the floor. Arms and limbs flying across the living room as hits back with a forceful punch to the face.

Danielle could feel the blood dripping down in response to the hit so she pushes the blonde to the ground, with a hefty thump to the floor.

"Ladies! Please." A curly-haired man stands up between the two enraged women. Breaking them apart at the cost of catching a few hands to his chest. "Let's not do this here..." He pushes the woman off each other.

"I was just leaving anyway..." Danielle finally exits the room in search for her girlfriend, scanning as quickly as possible.

Opening up the back door to be hit with the cold breeze. A metallic taste forming over her bruised lips. The tall trees howling along with the moon and the stars shining above their heads. What a night.

Stefania and Barrett are in a tight embrace, sniffling into her roommates shoulder. Barrett had sobered up quicker than ever— stroking the length of her brown waves to keep her calm and grounded. Spotting the blonde in the doorway.

"She's okay— are you okay?" Barrett breaks away from the brunette, bringing in the blonde into the embrace. Stefania looks around to witness her girlfriend bleeding out of her nose and mouth. "Shit— what happened?"