Chapter 10.

~~~Anna's POV~~~

Rafe picked me at the château. I put on a pair of Jean shorts and a grey sweater and put loose girls in my hair.

We drove to the beach, once we arrived he hopped out of the truck and opened my door.

"Such a gentleman." I teased.

"Just for you." He said as he interlocked our hands.

We walked down to the beach as he told me about his boating trip the other day. We headed over to the keg to get two beers, Kie was working the keg.

"Hey Kie." I said as I approached.

"Anna thank god, I wanted to apologize for uh earlier," she said glancing at rafe, "you didn't deserve the way we treated you."

"It's all good Kie" I answered before me and rafe walked towards a log.

"What uh happened earlier" rafe asked me as we sat down beside each other.

"Um when my friends found out we were coming here together you could say they weren't exactly thrilled."

"Oh" was all he said.

"But I don't care, I mean of course I care what they think but it's just cause of the whole pogue versus kook thing, they'll get over it" I reassured him.

We moved past the topic and started talking about different things. He told me about how his dads been comparing him to Sarah more and more lately. I felt so bad, ward doesn't even try to hide the fact that he loves Sarah more.

Afterwards I started telling him about my shift at the wreck the other day. We finally decided to go on a walk down by the water.

"And he walks in with the five iron head in one hand, and the pole of the golf club in the other, and I'm just like Mr. Killam how did this even happen!" I finished my story.

"He obviously doesn't have a very good long game." Rafe answered.

Suddenly I realized how close we were, our faces only inches apart, both our hands interlocked.

Kiss me

That's all I wanted.

My wish came true as he softly placed his lips on top of mine as he placed him hands on my waist. I used my hands to cup his face as I melted into the kiss.

We stayed like that until we couldn't breathe anymore. As we pulled apart I couldn't help but smile.

"Anna, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

"Really?" I never thought someone like Rafe would like someone like me, ever. He's a rich handsome kook and I'm a pogue that's barely getting by.

"I have liked you since the first day I saw you at the golf course, I've wanted to ask you out for so long I was just scared."

"Well, I'm glad you finally did."

"Anna would you maybe wanna make this a more permanent thing, like uh you know uh- screw it anna will you be my girlfriend?"

This can't be real, is rafe Cameron really asking me out?

"Rafe I would happily be your girlfriend." I said as I reconnected our lips.

After a while he went to chat with topper for a bit and I walked over to the pogues. I knew this wouldn't go well but I might as well get it over with.

"Uh hey guys." I said cautiously.

"Anna what the hell." John B started.

"Why the fuck are you kissing rafe?" JJ said.

"Guys I'm- I'm sorry. I dunno I like him, he's nice to me he makes me happy! He's the first person I've dated since lance-"

"Wait hold up, dating? You're dating Rafe Cameron?" Pope asked displeased.

"Yeah he asked me and I said yes, can't you guys please just be happy for me? Please guys come on, it's me I wouldn't do this if it wasn't right for me. Kie? Please."

The four of them stood there looking disappointed in me. I thought after what Kie said earlier at least she'd be happy for me. The look in all their eyes broke me I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"Anna- don't cry." Kie started.

I couldn't hear anymore I had to get out of here. As I turned around JJ grabbed my arm.

"Anna don't leave." He said.

"Why so I can stand here while all you guys shit on me? No. I've stood by you guys with everything and I've helped you guys whenever you needed me. I thought you guys could've put this whole kooks versus pogue things behind us but I guess not. I'm out of here." And with that I left.

I know they just want what's best for me, and that we'll be over this within two days but it still sucks that they react like this.

I walked up to rafe and tapped on his shoulder.

"He- Anna what's wrong? What happened?" He asked concerned once he saw me crying.

"Nothing just the pogues, can you Um take me," I wanna say home but I can't face my dad right now, "uh I dunno can we just get out of here?"

"Yes come on we'll go to my house you can stay there." He said as he put his arm around my shoulder and brought me into a hug as we walked away from the beach.

I let myself turn my head back around for one brief moment, as I did I made eye contact with JJ. More tears fell out of my eyes and they fell from his to.

••••

I entered rafes room, amazed by the size of his house.

"Holy shit, my whole house could fit in your room." I said with a giggle.

I had managed to stop crying by the time we got here thankfully.

"How are you doing?" He asked as he pulled me into a hug and rested his check on the top of my head.

"I'm okay, they'll come around they're just protective." I explained.

We stayed hugging for a few moments before we pulled away. I moved over and sat on the edge of his bed as he changed from his party clothes to just some gym pants. He pulled out one of his shirts for me to sleep in for the night.

He walked over and stood between my legs as he handed me the shirt. Then his hands cupped my face.

"I'm sorry for causing all this Ann." He apologized.

"Rafe it's not your fault, trust me this will all blow over in a few days."

With that he brought his lips to mine. After a minute we deepened the kiss and soon I fell back onto the bed with him on top of me. He paused for a minute.

"We don't have to, tonight I mean I know you've been through a lot." He asked.

"I want you, I want this Rafe." I said as I removed my sweater.

****Stop here if you don't like reading smut****

We reattached our lips as we moved further up on the bed. His lips travelled down my neck as my hands roamed his body.

He left kisses all the way from my neck to my underwear line. He asked me again if I was sure before he removed my shorts.

I kissed him again as he removed his gym pants. He deepened our kiss as he took off my bra and finally we were both naked wrapped up in his blankets.

He kissed my neck and trailed kisses down my breasts as my fingers trailed over his back. Finally he entered me and let's just say it was a fantastic night.

—————————————————————————

Hey okay before anyone gets upset Anna's not gonna stay with rafe long it's just to add a little spice. Also the smut was bad for this chapter don't worry it'll get better