05 | the death of a loved one

Third persons pov

A couple weeks earlier
Somewhere in the mountains

Y/N walked around her house gathering all the papers that were scattered around.

As she was about to throw away some paper she heard someone grunting outside.

Then the grunting stopped and there was a knock on her door.

She looked at her door confused.

Why would someone be out here?

She slowly walked up to it and checked the peek hole.

Ajak.

What hell was she doing there.

She slowly opened the door and looked at her.

"Hello Y/N" Ajak said as she adjusted her jacket.

"May I" She pointed inside Y/Ns house.

Y/N moved aside and let Ajak in.

Ajak looked around and saw a fireplace she went up to it and put her hands over it.

"This place is...cozy" She joked as Y/N looked at her with a emotionless face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked as Ajak sat down on her couch and kept rubbing her hands together.

"I have a feeling something is going to happen Y/N which is why i came here to tell you something." Ajak said as
Y/N sat down next to her.

"Please you expect to believe you?" Y/n chuckled lightly.

"Here" Ajak took something from inside her jacket and handed it to
Y/N.

A notebook.

Y/N took it and looked at confused.

"This will explain everything" Ajak said as she stood up and headed towards the front door.

"Explain what?" Y/N ran up to Ajak as she opened her door and stepped outside.

"I just want you to know Y/N" she paused and looked at the book then back up at Y/Ns eyes.

"I'm sorry"

...

Present day
Amazon

Thena took Gilgamesh's body in her hands and held him close. Tears spilling from her eyes she couldn't move she just stayed with him until her tears stopped.

She heard rustling and immediately looked up but it was just Y/N tears slowly forming in her eyes x

She looked up as Y/N made eye contact with her.

Y/Ns eyes slowly moved lower until she spotted Gilgamesh's body.

She knew it.

Y/N slowly walked up to Gilgamesh's body tears forming faster. She looked at Thena but her eyes were focused on Y/Ns arm.

She looked up eyes filled with tears and confusion.

"I'll explain everything I promise." Y/N said as she bend down and took Gilgamesh's hands in hers.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" She said as she held his hand in hers.

Everyone slowly gathered behind her.

The gold around her hand slowly faded and all anyone could her were her quiet sobs and multiple "I'm sorrys."

Soon everyone piled around Gilgamesh"s body as tears started leaving their eyes.

They not only lost a friend, They lost their family.

...

The group carried Gilgamesh's body to a fire on the beach and slowly set him down they all surrounded him and silently payed their respects.

Sersi created a urn to put Gilgamesh's ashes and handed it to Thena

Thena took the urn and slowly walked into the water and took a breath then she slowly opened up the urn and started spreading Gilgamesh's ashes tears didn't leave her eyes instead a smile spread on her face as she looked to the sky and knew he was in a better place now.

...

They knew they had to keep going. The next morning they were on the road to get Phastos.

Y/N explained the truth about her power to all of them. Since Ajak was dead she no longer had any control on who Y/N could tell.

Once Phastos agreed to go with them they all went to Iraq and looked for the Domo and Makkari.

_________________________
Published: 11/13 /2021
Edited: 9/4/202/
648 words