Rumors, Oh Rumors

The two men step out of the tavern, the sun shining bright, birds chirping. The only thing missing was... the people. Usually the city would be bustling at this hour. Kaeya seems to have noticed this, his eyes darting from place to place. 

'Less crowded than usual.' Diluc comments, to which Kaeya responds with a hum. Then, they hear sounds. People streamed from the city gate in pairs or groups, murmering about something... 

'That woman...'

'An outlander?'

'Looks a little like Sir Kaeya...' 

Kaeya raises an eyebrow at this. He strides forward to the city gate, Diluc at his tail. 

'Please, stand back, nothing's-' A guard knight starts. 'Oh, it's you, Captain Kaeya.'

'Lawrence. What happened?' Kaeya askes. The knight, Lawrence, seems surprised that Kaeya knows his name. 'I hear of an Outlander?' 

'Uh, yes, sir, there has been a peculiar outlander at the gate, demanding entrance for an important matter. We've taken her to the headquarters to Grand Master Jean.'

Kaeya motions for Diluc to follow as they make their way to the knight's headquarters. Diluc wonders why this has piqued Kaeya's interests so much...

As they walk to the headquarters, they catch some more gossips carried on the wind.

'Does Sir Kaeya know her?'

'She looks like somebody not to mess with...' 

What was with that random person and Kaeya? As far as Diluc knew, Kaeya only had his father. He doesn't know much about Kaeya's family, his mother or any siblings. But he does know that he inherited the Ragvindr family name when their father, Crepus Ragvindr, officially adopted him.

Diluc understands that things have fallen out since then, and Kaeya is insistent to keep his original surname of "Alberich," but... Diluc hopes Kaeya knows that... maybe he's ready to be brothers again.

What was he thinking? Of course Kaeya didn't know that, he probably thinks Diluc hates him and he hates Diluc. Diluc did burn his sword arm, after all... which he regrets doing till this day. He's noticed Kaeya's dominant hand, especially to fight, is his right, even though he's left handed. That was because... Diluc kind of burned him, as well as any love for each other remaining. 

He really messed up.

Kaeya walks faster now. They reach the headquarters, and on the steps, a small crowd is gathered. Jean, the knight, Huffman, and... A mysterious girl, her back turned toward them. Excotic clothing, tan skin, and navy blue hair... 

He glances to look at Kaeya, only to find his eye wide with shock, as if  lightning just struck through his blue eyes. His diamond-shaped pupils were wide, his mouth slightly ajar. As soon as he caught Diluc looking, he re-assmebled his calm, collected facade. Diluc had a bad feeling about this...