The Past Returns

'Nisha.' Kaeya's voice echoes. Jean notices Kaeya and Diluc standing there, her eyes reflecting confusion the same as Diluc's. Diluc might have an idea as to how... how Kaeya knew this girl, but he really doesn't want it to be true. 

The girl spun around, gripping a shining silver dagger. Diluc is taken aback. This girl... The same silky blue hair, reaching below her shoulders. Sideswept bangs framing her face, pinned loosley to one side. The same golden tan skin, the same alert eyes with diamond-shaped pupils. Her clothing is intricate, reminding Diluc of the clothes Kaeya was wearing when Diluc first saw him... The only differences were the girl's stormy grey eyes and her body being well-built- not bulky, but not as sleek as Kaeya. 

The girl stays silent, regarding Kaeya with wide eyes. Diluc... Diluc never knew Kaeya had a sister. And from the look on Kaeya's face, he probably didn't think he had one, either. 

'Nisha... how are you...' Kaeya pauses, gesturing at his "sister."

After a second of gaping, the girl, Nisha, sets her jaw and raises her head. 'There's no time to explain. He's coming here. You haven't... You haven't done what he told you to do. If he finds out...' 

Kaeya looks... Well, Diluc can't place it. Unreadable. Diluc might understand a bit of what the girl is saying, though. "He," being... Kaeya's birth father. Kaeya was a spy, meant to sabotage Mondstadt's development. Instead, he'd defended the city, tunring his back on his past. But as they say, one can never escape the past...

'I do not regret my choice.' Kaeya says firmly. 'We'll fight him if it comes to that. This place has given me more than I deserve, more than he ever did. I will not hesitate to protect the people here.' When Kaeya says this, Diluc almost feels like apologizing for everything he did to Kaeya, all those years, begging for forgivness. Diluc, shunning Kaeya and accusing him of something that wasn't his fault... if one considers "accusing" as "burning to death."

Kaeya catches Diluc's eyes, sending a small hint of a reassuring smile his way. Diluc can see right through him. Bitterness, sadness, anger... all hidden behind that thick front of a calm, capable captain. Diluc catches a glance at Jean. Her face holds a mix of shock and confusion. Diluc nods at her, indicating he'll tell her later. 

'Come.' Nisha says. 'And we shall talk.' She strides toward the city gate, and Kaeya hesitantly follows