Chapter 2: The Schoolhouse

(Seven's pov)

Mono and I climbed out the window and made it to some water where it will lead us out of the forest, I am grateful for Mono saving me.

I should have not been so rude and scared of him in the first place without giving him a chance, My arm still hurts a little.

He seems very nice and kind even if I can't see his face, I know for a fact that he would be okay looking under the bag.

Why does he wear a bag anyway? Mono called me over and I ran to him and we pushed a door to the water and got on top of it. Including our nome friend. Making me wonder where are we going next? somewhere possibly more dangerous than we already been through,

Making me feel like the more we go the father to escape the scarier and harder it may be, We waited a while until we found out where we were going and Mono and I did not really say anything.

Until I decided to break the silence between the both of us.

''So, I was wondering, where did you even come from and how did you find me? and why did you go into the cabin in the first place? you are also making me ask why did you even save me? Out of all the people you could have saved you decided to save me and seemed to want to protect me forever just like the hunter' I asked him.

''Well after you got kidnapped I was very much alone and often stayed on the ground or high up where no one can see me as the hunter, I knew he lived around here somewhere, I woke up and looked around avoiding traps and stuff like that, I spotted the hunter's cabin and since you were kidnapped I thought you might still be in there, I saved you because I don't want to be alone again just like how I lost my family and getting lost in the woods alone, I still helped you so you don't get hurt, so I just want to protect you from any danger, and if you are in trouble just know I will always come to save you even if it has to risk my life'' Mono answered with a long replay.

I smiled at him and also hugged him. Marshmallow just sat and watched us out randomly acting like it never had a friend before, how did this creature come to this forest also and where did it even come from?

Whatever it came from it could have been in danger. We kept waiting and waiting and it started to get foggy all of a sudden.

Does this mean a good sign or a bad sign? it has to be a good sign right? Mono then placed his hand on my hand and I turned to him.

I can tell he was smiling so I smiled back, His arms were pretty warm if I am honest, mine are probably cold or something like that.

Mono then did something unexpecting and he lifted his bag up a little and Marshmallow turned to look at what was going on, Mono kissed my forehead leaving me confused and my response was just me blushing.

Marshmallow then made a nome noise and Mono kept his bag down. He or she walked over and hugged Mono harshly and Mono hugged the nome back.

Did the nome like him? like in a romance kind of way? I expected it since he saved him from the Attic.

Now I am asking myself, Do I like Mono? I mean he saved me and helped me along the forest but I am still confused over my feelings for him, I am pretty sure I only see him as a friend. I had not even known him for an hour yet and I think I am already starting to like him. But I know it was not love at first sight, or it could have been, there had to be a reason he caught my attention the first time we met.

Why do I love him? Does he love me? is this some kind of joke? why did he kiss me? why does everyone I meet want to protect me? will he really help me? is he using him? At this point, I am asking myself so many questions that don't really make sense right now.