Holding on 🥺 (9)

Coi, Anais and I sat in the Panda Express line stoned..
"30.01" the cashier spoke making a smooth transaction as I handed her my card.
"Thanks.." I said pulling off handing the bag to Coi in the front seat..
"Mannn.. I want some candy Pa" Anais said from the back seat..
"Ight.. we're going to pass a store on the way, that's straight?"
"Yeah"
"Another wood?" Coi said grabbing the lighter..
"Why not?" I said smiling looking back at Anais shrug his shoulders.
"Hey Pa" Anais called
"Hm?"
"I wanna try something.."
"something like..." I said taking the wood
"I-I wanna b-bottom pa.." he said Shly as Coi's eyes stretched widely looking over at me, I choked hard getting my words together..
"When?"
"I don't know, but don't kill me pa when we do.." he said taking a drag
"I ain't making no promises daddy" I said laughing
"Y'all so nasty right in front of me.. such whores" Coi said clutching her pearls like a old ass lady..
"shut up" I said laughing at her shake her head
I pulled up to the light grabbing the wood from Coi..
I took a big drag looking over to the left seeing Cassian pulling up to the light unexpectedly staring into my soul, I quickly looked away but he seemed just as surprised as me, he looked at Anais in the back returning his attention back to me with a serious squint..
"Coi?"
"Hm" she said looking over
I stretched my eyes looking to left repeatedly, she peeped over me seeing cassian..
her cheeks filled with air just as she laughed the light turned green, and I floored it..
And right there on my ass was Cassian chasing me down..
"Coi!!" I said upset in a low tone turning the corner quickly as he tailed me..
"Zay wassup?" Anais said confused sitting up..
"It's nun" I said gripping the steering wheel..
"..ight" he said sitting back, thank god for weed..

Incoming FaceTime Call
Cassian 😵‍💫💕

"Seriously?!" He said with a angry smirk
"Heyy Brother!!" Coi took the phone, putting in my AirPods

"Quit following me.. on Instagram" she making a stern face, giving him hints

Coi POV

Cassian: Ight fine.. but I just wanna know somethin' frl..

Me: Yeah? What? Anything..

Cassian: Zay really do love him? Like this his nigga?

I took a deep breath, starting to feel a little bad but Zay don't need all this toxic shit.. it really fucked him up last time..

Me: Y-Yeah..

I looked back seeing his car come to a slow stop Turing away to the left..
(To the left to the left 💀)

Cassian: ..ight Coi

He said before quickly ending the call..

Zay POV

"W-what?"  Zay said putting the car in park after pulling into the gas station.. Anais went into the store for the candy he wanted..
"He asked about nais.." Coi said looking at me unraveling a wood taking a deep breath..
"What he say?" I said feeling my stomach fall..
"He asked if you- if you love him" she said giving a sympathetic look..
"Oh.." I said looking at Anais stand in line talking to the cashier..
"You good?" Coi asked filling the wood up with weed..
"Yeah.. I don't know how I feel about Cassian just yet.. I do love him & I really do miss him.. I can say honestly I had fun when we went out, it's just I love him too.." I said looking at Anais as he walked out the store to the car..
"I know" Coi said as he opened the door and got in the car..

-Later-

No texts, calls, or anything from Cassian it's weird but maybe it's for the best..
I checked to see if I still had his location & I did..

I noticed he was at the cemetery, I grabbed my keys and ran outside driving to him.. I just feel like we should talk things out, that'll be a better way of ending us..
After a couple minutes of driving I pulled into the cemetery, I parked next to his hellcat..
I watched him next to his parents graves, I took a couple of breaths before getting out..
I slowly walked over to him trying to fix my words..
"Hey.." I said lowly siting next to him, he looked over expressionless..
"Wassup"
"Y-you wanna talk?" I asked pulling out a wood..
"I didn't think it was too much to talk about Zay" he said looking forward..
"Yes it is, we don't have end things this w-"
"Zay it is what it is.. bruh just let the shit go ion even know why you brought yo punk ass over here"
"Cassian.."
"What?!" He said looking at me..
"I'm sorry.."
"I know" he said laughing a little..
"It's deeper than that though that's what's funny, you was by side through everything & now you wanna leave.. I mean shit I give you everything you could possibly want money, clothes, shoes, I'll buy yo ass a house and car if you wanted.. nun of that shit matters though and I know I fucked up plenty of times.. but you knew that you weren't feeling a nigga no more, so why'd you even come on the date? Why entertain me Zay?..."
"Because I do love you Cassian I-" I started to say..
"Mann fuck you, and that so call love you feel fuck nigga.. real shit" he said standing up walking away..
"Cassian stop.. you don't even mean that.." I said following him..
"I do.. I really do I-I fucking hate you! I hate that I'm in love with you, I hate I want you to have my kid.. I hate that I kept trying"  his voice cracked, I've never seen him cry unless it was about his parents..
"Cassian.."
"WHAT? S-Stop fucking calling me.." he said sliding down the side of his car.. I couldn't believe I was watching him cry..
"Listen I love you.. I really do"
"S-So why you wanna leave me?" He said letting it all out completely..
"I lose everything I'm close too.. it never fucking fails I swear" he cried into my shirt as I sat in his lap holding him..
"I'm sorry Zay.. I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he began to hit himself, watching made me have a mini flashback..

-Two Years Ago-

Cassian and I rushed to the Hospice from the courthouse after his brother called him, saying there mom wasn't gonna be here much longer.. 
"Hey ma.." Cassian said walking into the Hospice room full of his siblings and other family
"Hey Ms. White,  hey y'all" I said coming in sitting down quickly
"Hey y'all" she said weakly, but managed to smile..
"Ma I beat the case, they dropped all the charges.."
"Thank god, I-I was worried about you" she said coughing a little..
"Yeah Ma.. I'm doing better I-I gon continue to do better" he began to tear up
"Cassian.." she said softly
"Y-Yeah ma.." he said starting to cry
"Don't bring yo big grown ass in here crying, I'm gon be alright wether I'm here with you or not.."
"Ma.. I just-"
"Just do right baby..please" she gripping his wrist..
"I will." He said
"Promise me" she said sticking her pinky up
He laughed a lil but sniffling before he locked there pinkies..
I couldn't help but smile watching them..
"I love you boy"
"I love you too ma" he said hugging her placing a kiss on her forehead..
"I love all y'all.. so much" her breathing got heavier..
"Oh god please no" I said to myself as she struggled to keep her eyes open..
"Ma.." he said as all his siblings and other family crowd around.. It went dead silent before the heart monitor went flat..
"No w-wait ma.."
"Mrs. White" the nurses bursted in quickly making there way to her..They check her pulse a couple of times before they told us she was gone.
Cassian rushed out the room growing angry..
"Cassian" I called following him out the room..
He cried hard right before I embraced him with a tight hug..
"It's okay.. it's okay bae let it out I gotchu I promise" I said as he began to hit himself..
"I-I could've done better bae.. I put her through  s-so much, I-I can't even fix it now s-she gone bae"  he cried hard sniffling
"Oh my god.." I said to myself cradling his head
"I gotchu bae, it's gonna be okay papa" I said as he continued to cry in my shirt up against the hospice walls..
-End-

He held onto me tightly sniffling, as I played in his hair..
"Stuck again.." I said to myself holding him