Chapter 2

Hi guys! I'm back! ok well I was never gone but oh well, anyways if you guys find any grammar/spelling mistakes feel free to call them out, I literally will be happy if you guys can spot them. Anyways happy reading!

Destrui POV

The sun shines through the white curtains and illuminates my room. I roll over not wanting to wake up yet and soaking the warmth of the sun up. 'Just a few more minutes' I think to myself 'yes a few more minutes will do absolutely lovely' with that I fall right back asleep.

The doors to my chambers open and I instantly roll my eyes, why must Yael always wake up so early? Couldn't my maid have been like a non- morning person?

"Good morning your Grace'' followed by a low bow and the curtains being pulled back all the way, causing me to squint at the sudden brightness, "Your grace you mustn't be late!'' her soft yet stern voice informs me. I sit up in my bed and yawn the most un-princess-like yawn I can, earning myself a disapproving look from Yael. She starts telling me the whole day's plan while cleaning up my room and finding something for me to wear. My attention however has been completely focused on my black cat walking through the door to my bedroom, hopping onto my bed and prancing right into my lap. Sneaky little bastard he just wants cuddles, oh well he's cute enough to get away with it. Artemis purrs and stretches out on my lap making it easier for me to pet him, "Destrui! Have you ever been listening to me?" I shake my head and look up at Yael who is standing on the other side of the room staring at me with her arms crossed, I give her a sheepish grin, to which she shakes her head and begins to scold me about having to pay more attention to things and today being important bla bla bla it's always the same thing anyway so I don't bother listening and instead pull off the white covers and get up, throwing Artemis off my lap in the process.

 He hisses at me but I ignore it and walk into my bathroom to wash my face and take a bath that has already been prepared for me. I slip my clothes off and tie my long brown hair up as I wash my teeth, looking for any pimples on my tan olive skin and eventually slipping into the bathtub, the warm water tingling my skin, comforting it. 

I love baths I think to myself. 

As I start washing my hair and my body I hear a second person in my chambers. I rush through my entire morning routine, jump out of the tub, dry myself, wrap the towel around my body and rip the door open to see none other than Lilian sitting on my bed playing with Artemis. 

I stand still, staring in shock for a moment. She looks beautiful, she looks so much older, she... wait did she grow!? But she was already taller than me the last time I saw my cousin! And that was two years ago, she didn't even give me time to catch up with her! How rude, honestly. Her gorgeous light brown locks fall elegantly around her sweet yet mature face, her green eyes lock with my hazel eyes as we both smile. I squeal in excitement and run over to her and she embraces me in her comforting bear hugs. 

"I missed you!" I practically scream,

 "Well I too missed you but I didn't miss getting your wet hair all over me" I grin at her and squeeze the water out of my hair on top of her. She stumbles back laughing, Yael walks back into the room and instantly turns crimson red as soon as she sees my cousin, she quickly bows.

 "High Lady Lilian, what an honor to make your acquaintance once again" Lilian turns around.

 "It's lovely to see you again Yael." Yael's face goes even redder at the mention of her name,

 "And please Yael no need for all the formality! I've known you for at least 6 years now!"

 "I'm so very sorry High- no Lilian" she corrects herself "I will keep it in mind", Lilian smiles at her and turns back to me, "so are you gonna get dressed or not?" I was so busy watching the interaction between Lilian and Yael I forgot about getting dressed, it was curious. I mean Yael is my age and has been working in the castle for six years now Lilian is three years older than me meaning Yael and Lilian... Is Yael intimidated by her? No that can't be right?