【Chapter 36】

❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞! 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

'Why! Why did King do that!' (Y/N) thoughts were like a tornado, whirling around her mind constantly as she continued remembering the kiss that happened not too long ago. The sweet, yet innocent kiss that both of them shared in a moment of serenity and contentment.

Sliding down with her back turned to the closed door, (Y/N) tightly shut her eyes as she buried her head in her knees, her arms supporting them from falling as the silence of the extravagant room consumed her being, suffocating her as everything that she tried to run away from, everything that she was from was surrounding her in every single direction.

(Y/N) was in a room filled with nightmares.

Still feeling the cold texture of the shiny crown (Y/N) shot up with a start, her eyes ablaze with fury as her hand roughly took the crown off from her head, her shining eyes glaring down at the blood-stained crown with hatred.

"This crown isn't mine, and neither is the throne!" Yelling in fury (Y/N) went to smash the crown on the marble floor only for her reflection on the crown's red ruby stone to stop her, its big size amazing her as it shined beautifully against the morning rays of the sun, glinting off as it reflected on her face. The red ruby was large and shiny, so very clear as she was able to see her own reflection off from it.

"That's strange..." Forgetting her untamed hatred for the crown (Y/N) brought it closer towards her, her (E/C) eyes scrutinizing the red ruby intently as its deep, red ruby color continued astonishing her. 'I don't think it was red before.' Continuing looking at the ruby, (Y/n) swore that the last time that she saw the large ruby was when King handed it over to her, but then she remembered it being an enormous diamond instead, white not blood red.

Feeling entranced by the beauty of the red ruby (Y/N) slowly reached her hand to touch it, astonishment painted across her features as the ruby continued pulling her in its beautiful pool of red, her conscious slipping—only for a second—before quickly recovering her composure. Though it was too late, and her pointer finger had already lightly brazed over the red ruby, burning her.

"Shit!" Letting go of the crown abruptly, (Y/N) held her scorched finger against her chest as she hissed in pain, her face bewildered as she glanced down at the crown as it looked the same as before when she was first introduced to it. As white as virgin snow with the big tear-drop diamond in the middle being white as well. No red ruby, nothing.