7

✋💀

✋💀

[No beta, we die like Timmie's pigeons. Pls, it's like nearly three in the morning, I have literally no energy to read this back-]

I didn't think I'd find myself in front of the strange structure again so soon. While we originally planned to procrastinate facing this in favour of exploring more of Waterfall, I feared getting lost. And, realistically, what were are chances of surviving here if we got lost?

"Are you sure you're ready for this, Y/n..?" I hear Flowey murmur after awhile. I don't answer him immediately, instead taking a deep breath. This could go horribly wrong for all I know..

"Did.. Did we save.. recently?" I ask instead, trying to give myself a momentary distraction. Flowey silently nods, his motions not as smooth as they have been.

He isn't ready for this either.

I take yet another deep breath, not wanting to sub-consciously hold it in, before making my way up to what I assume to be the house's door. It's shaped like an arc, with a slight curve down at the top, somewhat resembling a mouth. I assume the door itself is supposed to resemble teeth. Then, I pause. Why do fish here have teeth this visible?

With a shudder, I try to brush off the rather disturbing thoughts of teeth equipped fish.

Not sure how I'm supposed to approach this, I grab hold of Sans' jacket, consequently tightening my grip on Flowey's pot in my arm. Then, I knock. It's a weak knock, my fear kicking in last second preventing me putting in a good effort.

I busy my other hand with gripping the other side of Sans' jacket, now wrapping my arms around myself too. It felt like an eternity that I was stood there, the moments dragging out for far too long.

Happily admitting defeat, I made to move out, starting to think about where I could go next, before I heard a voice.

"Y/n?" I froze up, my fingers tightening their grips and my legs starting to shake. No..

"What are you doing all the way out here?" No, no, not again.

I could see Flowey trying to motion at me, probably whispering to me, but his actions not fully registering. What do I do now?

I heard slow footsteps starting to approach me. Do I run? But they could probably catch me, easy..

Just as I was about to attempt to get into a running position, a sound in front of me had me frozen again.

"NYAGH! STAY BACK, YOU!" The tall figure of Undyne had me shivering in fear, a red spear in her grip as she angrily stormed out of her home.

It's over. I'm a goner. I closed my eyes and braced myself for impact.

Only to get roughly shoved aside. Shocked, I stumbled and fell to the grohnd, opening my eyes again to watch as Undyne threw her spear at the one who'd spoken out to me.

"STAY AWAY FROM HERE, CAN'T PAPYRUS KEEP HIS HUMAN UNDER CONTROL?" she spat, watching with a huff as Abby sputtered what I'd assume to be an apology before turning to run from the scene. The fish woman watched for a few moments to make sure she was definitely gone before she turned to me.

Instantly, her face screwed up in disgust. "Another one?" she hissed, hiding nothing.

"Wait, w- wait!" I pleaded as she menacingly stepped towards me. "I- I'm not under P-Papyrus supervision!" That didn't stop her gradual progression towards me.

I cowered on the floor, trembling as she stood tall over me. Slowly she reached out towards me, a whimper escaping my lips as she did.

When I realised she'd gone after Abby, I thought I was spared, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

"Sans?" I heard her voice ask, rather loudly.

"H- Huh?" I looked up at her in confusion.

"Sans' jacket. And his collar too, by the looks of it. The flower they've apparently been tormenting too," she impatiently explains. Her expression shows evident distrust as she almost growls, "Why are you here?"

I hesitate, glancing over at Undyne's house and the pretty threatening aura it gives off. I take a deep breath, sealing my fate here.

"I came.. To ask for help..." I explain, slowly, and slightly trailing off at the end too. Not that I'd exactly meant to, Undyne's mere presence just intimidates me enough to falter in my speech.

The silence that followed filled me with the dread of an impending doom. Does my soul finally end here?

A cackle interrupted my train of thought.

"You need help?" Undyne asks between almost evil laughs. "With what? And why would I even help a pathetic human like you?"

I turn into a fish in response to this, my mouth repeatedly opening and closing, much like the sea animals. Her cackling continues as I hesitate, and now tears are threatening to build up in my eyes.

How do I respond to this?

"Survival," Flowey suddenly speaks up from between my arms. The laughter instantly ceases.

"What?" Undyne snaps at the frail flower. He seemed unfazed, and I admired his ability to be able to act like that.

"Survival," he repeats with a motion similar to a nod. Undyne scoffs.

"Why do you need survival? And what's in it for me?" Flowey paused, looking down at the grass as if he was contemplating his options. Please say the right thing, I silently beg.

"You.. Hate Papyrus. Right? For taking your position as a Royal Guard?" Flowey asks after he had apparently concluded his inner debate.

Undyne almost hesitated, as if asking herself why she was engaging with us, and if telling us was the right thing. She nodded.

"Then, we can help you bring him down. Somehow.. We can get closer to him in some way and feed things back to you. In return, you train Y/n in survival."

That was it. That was Flowey's offer. But didn't that mean going back to Sans?

I was about to speak up to him but he was already steps ahead and turned to look at me first. His expression told me he knew what he was doing. Trying to ignore the fear pulling at my insides, I put my trust in my petaled friend and directed ny attention back towards Undyne.

She seemed to be taking Flowey's offer seriously, giving it thorough thought before finally summoning a spear. My eyes widened.

"An interesting offer. You'd be the first to challenge me in such a way, I will admit."

Flowey seemed to realise now that he'd messed up and started to tremble.

"Unfortunately, I don't like to waste my time. So I'll have to pass." In what looked like a blur, she raised her spear above her head.

"Goodbye, Pet!"

[Cliffhanger hehe. Consider following me to find out if I will ever update again? /hj Or if you'd just like to talk or maybe ask questions, I'm always open to conversation :3]

[Let's also thank Chongyun playlists for helping me push through writing this 😩😩]