Chapter Eleven

'I guess this really is just how things are going to be from now on.' I though as I slowly pushed myself up into a sitting position up on bed after waking from the fiasco that took place last night. It seems like these past few days have really been intense lately...

Although I think I can get a pass for my behavior in another sane persons eyes, after all I did just have my leg cut off. 

Sighing I annoyingly used my fingers to brush my hair out of my face, really wishing I had a hairband or something to tie it back with but unfortunately having nothing to work with so I tucked it behind my ears before giving up with untangling the rest of the knots. 

"Peter?" I called, letting him know I was awake. After about a minute the bedroom door opened and he flipped the bedroom light on, giving me a small small smile. He stayed in the doorway. "Hi." I said, giving him a small wave.

"Hi." He responded, he seemed a lot better then yesterday, I'm glad.

I opened my mouth to speak but then closed it, unsure of what to say, What the hell do I say? Yesterday was weird. Do we pretended it never happened, no we can't. We can't keep pretending our fights just don't happen, that's not healthy. 

Peter finally stepped into the room, walking over to the side of the bed and stopping next to me. "Come on, I'll make breakfast after the bath." He gently reached down and scooped me into his arms.

I wrapped my arms around him and smiled, a bath actually sounds amazing right now. "That sounds nice. Thanks Peter." I rested my head against his chest and closed my eyes for the short walk to the bathroom, opening them once Peter gently set me down on top of the bathroom counter so I could brush my teeth. 

He filled the bath as I finished brushing by teeth then helped me over to the toilet so I could go. At this point I didn't even get embarrassed going in front of him anymore, I mean he already helps me bathe it's not like I can fall any farther.

Pulling my shirt off over my head and kicking my underwear off my ankle I tossed my clothes across the room and into the hamper. 

Once Peter finished filling the tub he walked back over to me. I was still sitting on the toilet waiting for him to help me into the tub, which he did without a word. I sunk into the perfectly tempered water with a blissful sigh. Peter knew just how I liked it! He always made sure I didn't get my bandages wet either, he was always careful.

I made quick work of washing my body while Peter washed and conditioned my hair. Ugh, I love when he massages my head. I think taking baths have become my new favorite thing.

After the bath Peter helped me into a towel and carried me back to the bedroom. He set me back on the bed before walking over to the wardrobe and pulling it open to grab one of his shirt, a pair of my drawstring shorts and some underwear before walking back over to me.

"Shorts today?" I ask, holding up the black pair of knee length shorts, raising an eyebrow at Peter. 

"I thought I'd take you outside after breakfast, we can go for a walk." He said shrugging with a sweet smile.

I'm sorry. Did I hear that right?

"Outside? Really?" I smiled. Pushing off the bed and into his arms, my feet-well foot not even touching the ground as I wrapped my arms around Peter and he did the same. Holding me tight. "I can't wait! Thank you!" I laughed gleefully.

He laughed too, "Alright, alright. We still need to eat first, then we can go. You have to get dressed first though." 

"Oh right." I got so excited I forgot I was in a towel.