ᴰᵉ ᴶᵃ ᴹᵉᵐᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ⁻ ᴷⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ

Kenma stared as the Bokuto pushed Kuroo out of the way.

It was pouring.

Really pouring.

The car came out of nowhere.

Like last time.

Kenma barely had time to process, but Bokuto was quick enough to move.

Kuroo was frozen, his breaths short as he glanced around, startled. Bokuto hugged him close to his chest, arms wound tightly around his body.

The driver pulled over, rushing to the three.

"Shit man, I'm so sorry-I didn't even see-" He started to apologize. Bokuto walked over, one around still holding Kuroo while he grabbed the man's shirt. "Ah!" the driver yelped.

"The fuck is wrong with you?!" Bokuto shouted, making Kenma flinch. 

"I said I was sorry-dude!" The man stammered.

"Bo!" Kuroo shouted, wiggling out of his husband's grasp. He grabbed Bokuto's arm, staring into his eyes. "I'm alright."

Bokuto gazed back.

"I was... on time..." He murmured.

The man glanced between the three, clearly terrified. Bokuto's grip loosened and the driver darted away.

Kenma shuddered, the cold rain finally getting to him.

His black hoodie and red shorts were completely soaked, and his long hair was matted to his skin. He sneezed softly, earning the attention of the other two.

Bokuto's white T-shirt had become translucent in the water, and his jeans had turned a shade darker. The two of them had their hair down from the water, lashes saturated. 

"Ah, shit," Kuroo muttered, walking over and touching Kenma with frozen hands. Kenma twitched, shivering. "Bo, we should head home-Bo?"

Kenma looked over to the owlish man, who was still staring at the road.

"Bo!"

He turned, spotting the two.

"Mhm?"

"Let's go home. I don't want to leave Akemi and Taiki with the sitter for too long." Kuroo held out his hand. Bokuto was hesitant at first, but he took the tall man's hand, placing the other on Kenma's back. Kenma jumped from the sudden pressure added to his already wet clothes up against his skin. 

When the four made it back, Akaashi wasn't home. 

He had gone back to work. Despite being unable to... read what he was editing, he could still hear an audio version of it and tweak it.

Kenma's teeth chattered as he stepped inside the house, a puddle of water pooling at his feet.

"Hot hot hot bath!" Bokuto hummed, throwing off his shirt and pants with no hesitation.

"Bo-wait, the sitter-"

"Just gonna run!" Bokuto declared, picking up Kenma and rushing up the stairs. Kenma squeaked, hearing footsteps behind them which was most definitely the sitter.

As they entered the bathroom, he heard Kuroo briefly converse with her before climbing up the stairs as well. 

Bokuto pulled Kenma's sweatshirt over his head, the smaller one grunting when the fabric caught his face and stuck for a moment. Bokuto tugged at Kenma's waistband, not giving him a moment to protest as he yanked them down. 

Kuroo entered the bathroom, tugging off his own shirt and pants.

Kenma stared.

"I thought you stopped working out," Kenma let slip out. Kuroo grinned.