17. realizations

CHAPTER SEVENTEENrealizations

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
realizations

[SOPHIA, RON, HARRY and Hermione were meeting in the common room]

Hermione: You mean You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?

Harry: But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll come back.

"that son of a bitch!" Lily exclaims and everyone looks at her shocked, but she does get one look of admiration, from her future husband.

Ron: But, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?

Sophia: well yeah!

Harry: I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill both of us tonight. [looking at Sophia]

"oh don't remind me!" sirius says dramatically with his hand in his forehead.

Ron: [gulps] And to think I've been worrying about my Potions final.

Sophia: well you have a reason to. you suck at potions. [she giggles and Ron joins in]

"i relate to that" James says

Hermione: Hang on a minute. [Harry, Sophia and Ron all glance at her] We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared? Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore's around, Harry, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched. [gives him a reassuring smile; he nods]

Sophia: yeah sure... [she says unconvinced]

. . .

[Later all the students are rushing out as they finish their exams.]

Hermione: I'd always heard Hogwart's end-of-year exams were frightful, but I've found they're rather enjoyable. [Sophia looks at Hermione weirdly]

"ENJOYABLE?!" most students yell.

Sophia: they weren't frightening, pretty easy. but enjoyable? not a chance!

"i agree." Remus says. "i thought they were quite enjoyable..." lily whispers to Marlene. "Hermione and Lily are the same person i'm telling you" Marlene whispers to Alice, who nods.

Ron: Speak for yourself. they were awful. All right there, Harry?
[We see Harry walking next to the two rubbing his forehead right where the scar is.]

Harry: My scar. It keeps burning. [Sophia's smile drops and she looks concerned]

"noooo" Sirius whines "i refuse for my only daughter, my precious angel, to like a boy! boys have cooties. not you moony" he winks and blows a kiss to Remus, who looks down embarrassed.

Hermione: It's happened before...

Harry: Not like this.

Ron: Perhaps you should see the nurse. [Sophia nods in agreement]

Harry: I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming.

Sophia: [A look of realization] Ah... Oh! Of course!

[Sophia starts walking faster making Harry, Hermione and Ron speed up to catch her]

Harry: What is it?

Sophia: Don't you think it's a bit odd that, what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't we see it before? [Harry realizes what she is saying]

"of course! why didn't i think of it?!" Lily and Remus yell out. "damn! my daughter is SMART!" Sirius says proudly.

[They approach Hagrid's hut and he is playing a flute.]

Sophia: Hagrid, [Hagrid stops playing] who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?

Hagrid: I dunno. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up.

Harry: This stranger though, you and he must have talked.

Hagrid: Well, he- he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem.

Sophia: Did he seem interested in Fluffy?

Hagrid: Well, o' course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told 'im, I said, I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm 'im. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit o' music, and he falls straight to sleep.' I shouldn't have told you that. [The Quadrate  runs off] Where are you going? Where are you-?

the Hall groans, annoyed. "Hagrid!" "noo!" a few students say.

[Harry, Hermione, Ron and Sophia run into the Transfiguration classroom to talk to McGonagall.]

Sophia's: [she leans on Mcgonagall's desk] hey Minnie! what's up? [she says casually then Harry nudged her and she then realizes what they were there for. she stands up straight] We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!

"oh i love her so much" Marlene sniffs dramatically.

McGonagall: I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London.

Harry: He's gone! Now! But, this is important! This is about the Philosophers Stone!

McGonagall: [Looking shocked] How do you know-?

Sophia: Someone's going to try to steal it!

McGonagall: I don't know how you four found out about the Stone, but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories, quietly.

"why didn't you listen Minnie?!" the marauders shout.

[They leave the classroom talking to each other.]

Harry: That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape. Which means, he knows how to get past Fluffy.

Sophia: well, shit!

"language!" Lily shouts

[Snape sneaks up behind them]

Hermione: And with Dumbledore gone-

Snape: Good afternoon. Now, what would four young Gryffindors, such as yourselves, be doing inside on a day like this?

"why does he just come out of nowhere?" Peter asked. "maybe 'cause i'm a teacher!" Snape retorted.

[The four of them jump and quickly turn around.]

Hermione: Ah, w- w- w... we- we were just-

Snape: You ought to be careful. People will think you're... up to something. [Walks away]

"that's not creepy at all!" Marlene says sarcastically.

Hermione: Now, what do we do?

Harry: [With a determined look] We go down the trap door, tonight.

"oh no" Remus mutters, everyone silently agreeing with him.

© foolishbug