Chapter 2

(Y/N POV)
Exhausted from my long and normally intense day I lean up against the elevator wall on the way to my penthouse apartment. It's already 2am so I'm ready for some sleep. Being a skilled assassin is tiring!

The elevator dings and stops, doors opening revealing my dim empty apartment. The beautiful city lights shone through the huge windows, it's mostly grey because I love the colour. Grey describes me best. I switch on the lights and the apartment lights up. It's pretty impressive if I do say so myself but I worked for it so I'm allowed to brag.

My feet trudging along the cold tiles, I toss my heels onto the soft couch before jumping onto it myself.

Almost immediately as I sprawled out my phone rings loudly echoing throughout my apartment. I groan before unwillingly picking up.

It's one of the people I get information from, an old friend from Madripoor.

"What you got for me?" I say while walking down the long hallway into my huge bedroom.

"Alexander Pierce he's been off the grid for a while now, the avengers think he's dead. They think Natasha Romanoff killed him but he survived and is looking for his revenge against a certain someone"

I sit on my bed and listen as he tells me about this Pierce and considering the news I found out today. About the Avengers looking for me. I decided to hear him out and decide if his reason is enough.

I stroll into my en-suite and have a quick shower, shaving and blow drying my hair so it has that fluffy natural look. I head into my walk in wardrobe and glide my fingers along the soft dark coloured fabrics on my 'work side' of my wardrobe. I decide on a black tank top, tight black jeans with a black belt with a holster for my gun and built in knife garters. Most of my work jeans had those, trendy and practical! Choosing simple hood jewellery and a leather jacket. I looked at myself in my full length mirror, happy with my appearance I grabbed my black boots, gun and stashed my easy grab knives.

 I looked at myself in my full length mirror, happy with my appearance I grabbed my black boots, gun and stashed my easy grab knives

I take the elevator down to the car park where many
of my cars stay but tonight I decided on my motor bike. People didn't know I was in New York as far as they're concerned I'm still in Madripoor. I need to keep my being here on the down low especially since the Avengers are now involved. Swiftly swinging my leg over the bike and jumping up on it, I put on my helmet and rev my engine, on cue the garage door opens and I speed out it. I'll have to thank Bill later.

(THIRD PERSON POV)
Meanwhile in a bar across New York.....
Steve and Bucky sit in a little quiet pub they both like, it's vintage and old fashioned. Reminds them of the 40s it's kind of a comfort thing for the pair.

Steve's noticed Bucky's been even more on edge than usual since being assigned the mission. Steve thinks it's highly possible this Killer Queen brings back painful memories about when he was the Winter Solider. He worries about who's already been through so much. Bucky's worked too hard for his own piece of mind and this mission could be bad.