Chapter One: Blood Diamond Clan

A scream erupted from her throat as she awoke from her slumber. Sweat covered her chest and forehead. It made her night shirt stick to her back as she sat up. Her hair sticking to her neck and forehead. She let out a shaky sigh and sucked in a breath. Violet glanced at her clock and groaned. It was five am and it was time for her to climb out of bed to get ready for her classes. She stood up placing her bare skinny feet on the cold hardwood floor and stood up fixing her baby blue t-shirt. She let out a yawn and turned on her knight stand lamp. Her room light up instantly. Her blue walls were covered in pictures of places she had traveled to and with family and friends. She slipped off her black shorts and walked to her white dresser in the corner of her room. As Violet opened her dresser she felt a hand on her shoulder and caused her to turn swiftly and grab the intruders head. As she did she slid her leg in between their legs and kneed who ever it was in the crotch. She then quickly used their unbalance and pulled their knees down with her leg and they collided to the ground with a thump. A low groan came from the intruder. Violet got into her fighting stance as she glanced down at her intruder. When she saw who it was she scoffed and rolled her eyes. She stood up and crossed her arms down at the boy.

        "Ray what the hell are you doing here?!" She asked clearly not ready for all the action this early in the morning. He had his head hanging low as he sat on his butt, but holding his crotch where she had kicked him. His black hair hung in his face as he complained.

        "Why are you able to do such a thing this early!" He exclaimed. His voice was deep but filled in pain. Violet rolled her eyes. "I was trained to fight if I needed to, you broke into my room at 5 o'clock in the morning and while I was changing!? You pervert!! I should call my mom in the other room!" She said threatening him. He looked up, quickly with his blue eyes shining in horror.

        "Please don't she would kill me!" Ray said. "Okay then tell me what the hell are you doing here!?" She said almost ready to pound in his face. He held up his hands in defence as if he read her mind. "I'm sorry Vile, I had important information about the clan outside of town." As soon as he mentioned the Blood Diamond Clan she instantly unfolded her arms and looked at her best friend now interested.

        "What did you find?" She asked. He slowly stood up as he brushed off his black pants. "Their leader Florence Venture has been slaughtering humans for fun." Ray said getting out a thin tablet. It was all black and thin like paper. He touched it gently and it light up as a hologram light up in front of it as a screen. He glided his fingers on the hologram to find the folder he was looking for on the case. He found the folder that was marked 'Blood Diamond' and clicked on it. A map popped up where their hide out was located and pictures of victims popped up with. A photograph of Florence had popped up as well. His eyes were red as blood, skin pale as the moon. His face was elegant yet you could see through it and see the monster he truly was. He wore the face of a human but under neath was this venomous creature. His hair was pale blonde, his cheek bones were high and he had a fierce smile.

        "What is your proof?" Violet asked as she looked over the pictures beside Ray. "I went to the sites where the murders happen and everything I found were the victims blood drained, heads ripped off, body parts sprawled out, and guts laid over the bodies of the dead. I also found their clans mark." He replied as he took out the necklace from his pocket. The pendant was the size of a baby's fist, it was flat and silver it had the mark of the moon and blood red diamond was in the middle.

        "They wouldn't be this foolish. The clan has never broken the law with us before. They know if they act up we would have to go and execute everyone of their clan members." Violet said now feeling as if this was set up. She knew Florence, He may be arrogant and self centered but he was no fool when it came to the hunters laws.

        "I don't know Violet but we have to investigate." Ray said. Violet sighed.

        "Very well. After school we will go out to the clan's hideout and I will meet with Florence." She said now very tired. "By the way, Nice lace black underwear." Ray said glancing at her. Violet felt her cheeks getting hot as she gave him an icy glare. She then punched him in the face. "Out now!" She demanded. He held his face as he quickly opened her window up again.

        "So worth it!" He chuckled and jumped out into the cold morning air. She growled as almost screeched with frustration. She found herself wondering why she was best friends with him and partners with him. She turned to her dresser once again and pulled out her faded boot cut blue jeans. She slipped them on quickly and buttoned them. She went to another drawer and pulled out a black tank top. She quickly took off her shirt and slipped on her other shirt. She pulled her long brown hair from under neath her shirt and it rested on her upper stomach. She opened her white closet door to find her black knitted sweater and put it on. She then brushed her hair and braided it quickly. As she put on her black boots her mom walked in wearing her black tank top and her old jeans. Her short blonde hair was straighten and she had her sword hanging on her waist. She had her tattoo of our crest on her inner arm. Blood red roses intertwined with the moon as the vine of thorns wrapped around it. It was the same one she had on Violets inner arm.

        "Did I hear Ray?" She asked as she sipped her coffee she had in her hand. Violet nodded as she finished her hair."He scared the crap out of me." Violet told her. Her mother didn't look convinced.

        "You know Vile it's normal for a girl your age to like a boy." She went on. Violent groaned and shook her head. "Ray is just a friend plus I have no time for silly relationships. I have a job to do." She said as she grabbed her backpack for school. "Okay Vile, just tell Ray to not be here so early in the morning. He knows it;s not allowed till at least seven."

        "He had information on the Blood Diamond clan i guess it couldn't wait, but he scared me half do death and I ended up kneeing him in the groin." Violet said as she swung her bag over her shoulder.

        "Oh so I assume you will be going to talk to Florence today then?"

        "Yes after school." Her mother nodded and walked out of the room yawning.