Before the concert

Esteban's POV

After I had texted Lando, I got a shower and made some food. After I had eaten, I just sat on the coutch to watch a random football match that was on TV. I don't even remember what game it was, 'cause I had fallen asleep before the match had even started. I woke up to the sound of my phone. I picked it up. It was a text from Lando!

"Hi, I saw this and I thought this would be really fun. Would you like to go?"

He had sent a link with it. I quickly opened it. It was some kind of festival. All kinds of different bands would perform all night. If I wanted to go? Yeah ofcourse. It almost felt like he was asking me out. Was he? 

I send back:

"Looks amazing! Sure, would love to go"

I was smiling at my phone. Again. I didn't even care anymore. The feeling of Lando maybe asking me out on a maybe date was just amazing. I checked the date of the event. It was in the middle between now and the first race. That's just perfect. If it would be super fun, we had time left to do something again. It would give me a chance to make a move aswell. If he doesn't like me back, I would have a month to get over it. 

God, let's just hope he does like me. I mean, from the moment we met, he hasn't been out of my head. We bloody kissed! I absolute loved it. I can't remember feeling so passionate about a kiss, even though I was drunk. 

My phone rang again. It was Lando again.

"Amazing! Looking forward to it"

I replied:

"Me too :)"

Yesss! It felt like my crush had asked me out on a date. Well, that actually was the case. Lando asked me out, and we had a date. I can't wait to see him again. This wasn't the typical kind of crush though. Normally I would be nervous and stressed about seeing them. Now, I just couldn't wait. It felt like a perfect relationship already, one to have trust in, though it hasn't even begun yet. Yet. C'mon Esteban, you can't say that. Well, guess I just did. I smiled to myself at these thoughts.

*Some time later*

Two weeks had past. Tomorrow I would fly to England and the day after I would go to the festival with Lando. I absolutly couldn't wait. Lando and I've been texting every single day for the past two weeks. Still, every time my phone went off, I blushed if I saw it was him. Yeah, like a teenage girl, I know. 

Now, I was texting Lance though

"Hey mate, how are ya?"

"Heyyy Es, yeah great, you?"

"Couldn't be better"

"Good good, what about life at the moment?"

"Imma go to England tomorrow"

"England? Nice, holiday or something?"

"No not really, Imma go to a festival"

"Festival? On your own?"

"Haha, no no. Lando asked me to go"

"WHAT, MATE WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT"

"MATE RELAX"

"no, no not at all, mate you have a date?"

"I dunno Lance, maybe"

"Maybe, my ass mate. He is asking you out"

"Hope so"

"Have fun mate! Keep me posted okay?"

"Yeah sure, see ya"

"Byeee"

Lance is always so enthusiast about things like this. This time I hoped he was right though. It was about 10 p.m. when I decided to go to bed. Had a flight to catch tomorrow. Before I went to sleep I send lando a quick text:

"Night night! I'm flying to England tomorrow, so see ya later!"

He immediately replied:

"Goodnight Es, see ya soon :)"

After this I fell asleep. When I woke up it was only 6 am. God, why this early again? Oh, yeah, my flight! I was going to England! I quickly made some breakfast and went to my car. My bags were already packed. We're just going to pretent that didn't take me hours because I didn't know what to wear. Don't judge me, I don't go on dates often. Pretty much never. I placed my bags in the back of my car and drove to the airport. On the airport were a lot of people already, eventhough it was only 8 am. I just went to check in and waited for when it would be time to board for me. Some fans recongised me in the gate. 

"Omg, you're Ocon!"

"Haha, yeah yeah, that's right," I answerd politely. It was always nice meeting fans. It was a horrible timing now though. I just came out of my bed basically. We just took a couple of pictures and chatted a little. After a while I had to go, because my flight was about to take off.

The plane trip seemed to take forever, eventhough it was only a very short fight. I just wanted to get to Engeland soon. Tomorrow Lando would pick me up. Today I was staying in a hotel, but tomorrow I would stay at Lando's place. 

When we finally landed it was around 12 am. I took a taxi to drive me to the hotel. Once arrived there I went straight to my room. I didn't care it was the middle of the day, I really needed my sleep. Plane trips are just exhausting. 

When I woke up it was time to order some food. The rest of the day went by way to slowly. Tomorrow seemed to come much slower than should be legal. By the time it was finally 10.30 p.m. I went to bed. Not before I had texted Lando ofcourse:

"Night Landooooo, can't wait for tomorrow!"

"Night nightttt, see you tomorrow!"

I woke up around 11 am the next moring. Perfect, now the day would be very short until Lando would take me to the festival. I felt myself shaking already. I got dressed in the clothes I was going to wear to the festival. My outfit exsisted of some blue jeans, a white shirt and a black jacket. I went to the little frigde in my hotelroom and took out some food. It would only be an hour from now before my date would start. Yeah, in my head I call it a date now. It felt like it. 

The next hour had past, way too slowly, but it was time to go outside now. Lando would be here any minute. It was a little cold outside, since it was march, but the weather was nice. I waited outside the hotel when I saw a McLaren coming my way. The car got stopped and Lando jumped out of it. He quickly waved at his brother, who was giving him a ride, and he walked towards me.  I had to stop my jaw from falling. God, he was looking amazing! Like some kind of supermodel he walked to me, with his hands in his pockets. 

"Hey," he said to me," ready to go?"

"Yeah, definitely, so excited," I smiled at him. 

"Yeah," he smiled back at me, "me too."

"Let's go then!" 

He gave his adorable smile at me once more and we got in the car.