1

Dez's Point of View

Well, hi? I'm dez and i'm 17, living a rather lonely but content life by myself.
you see, my parents kicked me out after finding out that i was different. they were mortified and said, " what if someone sees us with you?!"
i tried telling them that i wouldn't be a
bother to them and i would keep my beanie on at all times and have my tail wrapped with something but they said, "you'll always be a bother! now get lost!"

then, they gave me some money to start my new life with and i was deleted out of their minds. i'm not so sure that would ever happen since we live in the same town and all.
i have a job at the mall. i work in a music store called 'sonic boom', which makes me think of sonic the hedgehog every time i go there.

i work with a girl named allison dawson, or, ally for short. she's nice i guess. she's the only one who knows about my secret and i'm greatly happy that she never exploited it. ally can be very bossy and shy when you first meet her, but she's truly a great girl.
now her dad, lester dawson, he is a fucking douche. he cheats people and makes the prices way too high. i wonder how people still buy from this place. the only reason i stick around is probably because of the pay.
before you start ranting on how i just said lester is a cheap bastard, he pays surprisingly well.

trish de la rosa. ahh, the name brings music to my ears. lie.

i hate trish so much. why, you may ask, well we don't have a good history. when i first started working at 'sonic boom', i was unaware that trish wanted the job i got AND was ally's best friend. she was hurt to find out that ally hired a "useless boy that never been here before"

ally, the good kind of person, was in fear of her friend hurting my feelings.
i shrugged it off because she doesn't have to worry about me.

one day at 'sonic boom', it started raining hardly and the day was coming to a close. you see, I can't be out in the rain and i didn't have an umbrella and so i started crying, which was extremely mortifying. ally was confused and so she decided to let me stay at the practice room to sleep. the practice room is basically a room where ally chills out with trish, and writes songs.

after my little meltdown, i fell asleep.
in my sleep, I didn't realize my beanie fell off and ally shrieked,

"you're part cat?!"