4

Dez Point Of View

Thankfully, today I have the day off.
I can sleep and do whatever I want.
I believed that I would have a rather peaceful day when instead, I get a text.

It was a text from Austin.

"Hi" it says

"Hi" I respond back

"What's up?" Austin asks

"Nothing really"

"Want to hang out?"

Reading that text with a blush, i reply with a 'sure' and Austin tells me to meet up with him in the mall. So, I get up, wrap my tail, put on some shorts, a shirt, and my infamous beanie.
As i am walking down the street to the mall, i realize how hot it is outside. I groan and pat my head, making my ears twitch uncomfortably. I stop right in the middle of the sidewalk when this certain thought hits me.

what will Austin say when he finds out that I'm part cat?!

that is... if he does find out.
i begin walking again trying to push these stressful thoughts out of my mind. When i reach the mall, I am almost grateful that there isn't lots of people. most of them are probably at the beach. Hmm... no wonder Austin picked this certain time.

"Hey! Dez!" A cheery voice I've came to recognize shouts.

"Hi Austin" I try to match this happy mood.

"So... I guess we should go get some lunch.." Austin says and I nod, following the blonde boy to the food court.

We get our food and sit down.

"Are you new to Miami?" I ask Austin

"No, i've lived here but not so close to this particular part." he says and asks shyly, "what's your favorite color?"

"Probably red. you?"

"green"

We then ask each other more questions like our age, favorite things to do, normal stuff you'd ask when your becoming friends with someone. Then we got to the more serious questions.

"How are your parents?" I asked Austin. He seemed reluctant to say but said anyway,

"My mom is sick, and my dad left. You?"

"My parents disowned me when I was 15. They gave me some money and I was off. When i was 16, i got a job at the music store you were in last night, sonic boom, and have been ever since. I live in an apartment a few blocks away" I tell Austin and he frowns.

"Why did they disown you?"

"For a reason ill tell you later about and I'm gay" I wait for Austin to tell me to get away from me but that never happens.

Instead I am responded with, "I am too"

"Really?"

"Yeah." Austin nods, "Probably one of the reasons why my dad left"

We tell each other some other things about our pasts and finally get back on a more optimistic topic like, "what's your favorite show?" and all that.

Austin and I finish our day at the mall and he asks if he can come over to my place.

"Sure" I nodded

"I'll drive us!" Austin announces happily and drives us to my apartment.

When we get there, we talk about our favorite books, me speaking more passionately about them.

What? I love books!

Before Austin leaves, he asks me a question that I was wishing that he wouldn't ask.

"Why don't you take off your beanie?"

"Um.. I-" I begin to stutter but cut off abruptly.

By Austin pulling my beanie off.