6

Austin's Point Of View

"Austin" my mom groans as she tries to get off the couch.

"Stay there. I'll get your medicine" I walk off to our rather dirty kitchen. What? That's what you are probably thinking. Yeah. My mom and I don't live in the best house. Hell, it's only 3 rooms. I grab the pills out of the cabinet and go back into the living room. The living room is really just a broken TV on a wooden stand, a worn out and ripped brown couch that my mom rests on all day, a coffee table, and a window.

"Here you go" I give the pills to my mom and she takes them down with water.

"Thank you" she mumbles, "Go get my cigarettes"

"Do you want to die?", I shout at her, "You have cancer and you want to smoke?"

"We all die anyway..." She mumbles again and I groan.

"I am actually trying to have faith in you! I am being positive while you-"

She cuts me off with a cough, "You haven't been positive either. You've been all depressed, not eating, staying outside, hell, you're always wearing long sleeves so you've probably harmed yourself by now"

I glare at the floor and she sighs.

"Look Austin, just let me do what I want. Maybe you should just give up on trying to support me with meds. It's too much money"

"I won't stop. You'll get better alright? I want to buy that guitar so I can play for you before-" A tear streams down my face. Come on Austin, stay strong. Don't show her that you're weak.

"Give up Austin"

"No. I'll get you more meds Wednesday"

"And how do you plan to do that?" She looks at me questioningly

"I just will" I cut the conversation off and she falls back asleep.

"Damn.." I sigh and look down at my phone, 3 o clock.

I go outside, and to get money for my mom.

-----------------

Arriving back at my house, a sore feeling in my ass, I quickly check on my mom, thankful that she is alive. Yeah, she never did shit for me but I can't just let her die. She used to be so happy when I played guitar for her.. I have to at least do that one last time.

To get my mind off things, I decide to text Dez.

"Hi CatBoy"

"Ugh. Stop calling me that!" Dez replied with

"Well, you are a cat, and a boy. So catboy!"

"Whatever" he said

"What's up? :D"

"Nothing. Just trying to clean up my apartment."

"But its already clean!"

"No it is not. Now stop being annoying"

"Ahaha. When can we hang out again?" I ask

"I said tomorrow but you said it was not a good day"

Oh. Tomorrow is Wednesday, I have to go through another beating and gangbang to get my mom's money. Then, I'll probably have to steal to get her and myself food. And then, on Friday I have to get money from my job to have enough for the guitar.

"Thursday?" I suggest

"Ok" he says, "Where?"

"We'll see. I have to go. Bye Kitty" i reply and shut off my phone. I can't text too much, I don't have enough money to pay the phone bill.

Why did my dad have to leave? Why?
I feel the stinging at my wrist and start scratching, making previous wounds bleed.

When will I be cured from this? I start to cry. I want to tell someone so badly but I can't. I can't trust, it leads to bad things.

Very bad things.