20

TW: Torture

TW: Torture

Spade

A wave of irritation and anger surged through my blood as I re-read her message.

Samantha: I'm going upstairs. You never said I couldn't. You simply mentioned that I wasn't here to mingle, and so therefore, I won't.

My jaw was clenched hard enough for me to pop a fucking muscle. I shut my phone off, shoving it in my front pocket. I didn't have time to deal with her and this shit at the same time. She doesn't listen to a goddamn thing anybody told her, and I allowed her to fucking crawl her ass under my skin in a way that no one else has.

I pulled my phone back out and called Levi, ignoring the shit going on around me.

He didn't even have a chance to say hello before I was speaking, "What part of, 'don't take your eyes off her' didn't you get, Black?" I asked calmly, squeezing the phone hard enough to make my palms ache.

"Shit." He murmured, and then I hung up the phone, re-directing my attention to the scene unfolding in front of me. I leaned back in my chair and my thumb brushed against my jawline as my other hand rested on one of my spread legs, clutching my phone tightly.

There was a cigarette hanging out of my mouth, but it wasn't lit. My smoking habit was probably considered bad, but I had control. I could easily stop, I just simply refused to. Before, it was at least two or three cigarettes a day. Now? I was smoking all-day, everyday. And I didn't even give a shit. I doubt lung cancer will be the motherfucker to kill me.

Across the room, Kai was chained to a wooden chair, groaning loudly in pain as his head fell against his chest. Blood dripped down the sides of his face, making him look like that Carrie bitch. Or maybe just a bitch in general. His sobs were muffled by the dirty rag stuffed inside his mouth, but his lame ass begging was unmistakeable.

He fucking smelt like piss and shit.

"You should've stayed wherever the fuck it is you ran off to. Because now that we know your involvement, you're fucked." Eli laughed from across the room, speaking around the lollipop in his mouth. Kai came crawling his ass back to the casino tonight, expecting me to dismiss his betrayal because he was my 'god-father'. He thought owning up to his shit would protect him.

He must not know me. No, that was a lie. Malachi knew me well, so he was just fucking stupid. The coke got to his head. Kai could be Santa Claus himself, and I'd still put a bullet between his eyes if I felt like I needed to.

Kai was working against me, feeding the fucking enemy information. He helped the Bravta steal from me. He lied— though I never really trusted him, so I suppose it was good that I kept the motherfucker at an arm's length. But that didn't make the anger go away. It could've been worse, and I didn't catch it until now.