48

"I want to get a tattoo

"I want to get a tattoo." I spoke up, chewing on the Lo Mein in my mouth.

There was a dangerous glint in his eyes as he leaned up in the seat, dusting his knees off. "Right now?"

I turned my head to look at the tattoo shop we were coincidentally parked in front of. I looked at him again. The bright red neon lights blazed over his handsome face, over the edge of his sharp jaw and thick lashes. "Yeah." I nodded, putting my food back inside the bag and sucking the pad of my index finger into my mouth, licking the sweet taste of chicken off. "You okay with that?"

"Sure thing, baby. I'm not the one getting a tatto." He chuckled at me before climbing out of the car and I got out after him, pulling the hem of my dress down past my hips.

"How do I look?" I asked him, gesturing to myself. "Bad?" I raised my eyebrows.

He glanced at me, the intensity in my gaze making my tummy swarm with butterflies. "That's not possible." He smirked. "You look well fucked." Spade pushed open the front doors that led into a tattoo studio, and I quickly slipped in after him. A tall, muscular man with a low cut beard and long blonde hair was writing something down behind the counter before he lifted his head and his gaze settled on Spade, causing him to pause.

There were tattoos inked onto every inch of his flesh that I could see. They were everywhere, even some on his face. "Long time no see, Spade." The man smirked, his eyes slowly sliding over to me.

Ah, so he knew him. Why was I even surprised anymore?

Spade's hitched his thumb over his shoulder and inclined his head towards me. "She wants something."

"What do you want, pretty girl?"

"Careful." Spade warned lowly.

"I'm not completely sure yet." I answered, ignoring him. The big scary dude nodded and waved his hand towards the hallway behind him. He started to walk off and Spade followed, leading the way, his muscled back taunting me. We passed a few other different setups, and I knew there had to be at least four or five other artist who worked here.

The artwork on the wall had caught my eye the moment I saw it. So many different shades of color and intricate details. They were very talented, and I couldn't help but admire.

Spade and the inked dude continued straight ahead, and I had a feeling his booth was at the end of the hallway. We entered a room full of other artwork, and I ventured towards the black seat that reclined into a bed and hopped up, grasping the edges for support. Scary dude sat down in his chair and sanitized his hands before grabbing the tattoo gun.

My eyes went to Spade, who stood by the door with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Who designed this, princess?" Big scary dude traced the tattoo on my arm, the one of the skeleton snake wrapped around my arm.