Chapter Seven- December

hey :))) i really appreciate the reads, comments, and votes!! sorry no chapter yesterday, but ive been super busy lately with nutcracker. comment which character you want to date the most

Thomas and I are browsing the bookshelves in the school library during lunch, the rest of the group working on a project for AP World History. Thomas and I don't take it, so we have the privilege of free time and going to bed before three.

I needed to ask him a favor, but I was a bit nervous. Anna has a bit of a crush on this boy Ricky in her English class. Ricky and Thomas happen to be friends. The solution is obvious. But I didn't know much about Ricky, like if he was already taking someone to the dance.

"I have a wee favor to ask." I say, looking at Thomas. He was made for libraries and coffee shops. He just exudes comfort and warmth.

"What kind of favor? Am I driving you home or covering up a dead body?" Thomas says nonchalantly, pulling a green book off the shelf. 

"Neither. You're friends with Ricky Gonzalez, right?"

"Unfortunately."

"Does he have a date to SnowBall?"

"Do you want to go with him?" Thomas asks, looking at me in surprise.

"No, no." I shake my head. "I may have a friend who does."

"Which friend? If it's Rachel-"

"It's not Rachel. Anna has a thing for him, but she's scared to ask him."

"Oh." Thomas leans against the bookshelf. "I mean he's not going with anyone. But I don't know about Anna."

"What don't you know about her?" I question, walking closer. "She's a nice girl, you know that."

"I know her brother isn't. Her twin brother." He crosses his arms, looking around to see if anyone's listening. "I heard that stuff is genetic, you know."

"Dear god," I sigh. "You really are an idiot." Thomas looks offended.

"I read it on one of those medical websites!" He defends, voice raising. "But the point still stands. What if Anna is just like her brother?"

"First, she's not. Anna is the nicest person I know." I say. "Second, you should talk to Jeremy. He has some things you probably want to hear."

Jeremy doesn't respond. He bites his lip, looking at the speckled ceiling. We sit in silence, as I stare him down.

"I'm not promising anything." Thomas groans. "But I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you! Thank you!" I yell, hugging him abruptly. This is the first time we've ever hugged. I realize in hindsight this wasn't my best decision and I should've asked first, but he squeezed me back regardless.

"Yeah, whatever." Thomas smiles. We walk back to the group, where an argument is taking place over whether they should do the project on the Aztecs or the Mayans. They've clearly been very productive in our absence.

                                              *********************************************

I can't stop thinking about SnowBall. There's about two weeks to go, but the moment Zack asked me to go with him plays over and over. Something should've happened, right? There should've been some fireworks, or music montage like in the movies. But life went on, just like it did before, and like it will keep going.

Maybe I expected too much. It's not like I'm some character in a teen rom com. That's just not what life is like. Maybe for some people, but not everyone. I couldn't ask for anything more with Zack. He's perfect, perfect looks, perfect personality, perfect boyfriend. I'm just not used to having a guy in my life that's not my brother. Being in a relationship takes getting used to. So let's pray I get used to it.