Chapter 1: Lost and Alone

The little charcoal black kitsune smiled trotting alongside the flank of her mother. She smiled at her mother but then tripped over her stubby little wings because they hadn't fully grown and it was a bit hard to get used to. The sun was glowing bright and as they walked through a beautiful field of flowers. Suddenly she woke up remembering that it was just a dream. 
The name of the winged kitsune was Nachet. She was a dark magic pup and the design on her pelt bore what looked like a purple crawling around her body and her face. She had bright crystal blue eyes and, and wings were dark night black, speckled with small white dots. She was a very happy pup. 
Her mother, a kind one, was a beautiful grey kitsune. Her father, a strong jet black kitsune. In her heart she loved them dearly, but she had never learned their true names. They never had the time to tell her the dangers of the world when she was young, before they were gone. She remembered the night she lost them in vivid detail.
 It was midnight and the light from the moon trickled in through the small hole at the top of the den. Mothers warm body was close to hers that night, as the wind howled outside. It was fall, and the leaves had just started to brown. Little Nachet opened her eyes to see her father bringing in a deer and she immediately hopped up hungrily, trotting over to the deer. Her mother was startled but laughed when she realized it was only Nachet the little trouble maker. The laugh echoed through the cave making the room feel a bit warmer. 
Little Nachet tore off a leg and gobbled up the meat of the deer hungrily as her father hadn’t brought home food for the whole day. Her father smiled his warm smile, licking Nachet on top of her head. Nachet pushed him away grumbling and went back to eating, causing her father to laugh. 
All of a sudden her father's ears pricked up in the air and his tail stood on end. He could hear something they couldn’t hear. Something that wasn’t friendly. The mother noticed and she didn’t dare talk as she knew something was out there. Something that could hurt them. Little Nachet got scared and didn’t understand and backed up. Not paying attention to where she was going, she backed up into a branch and a loud CRACK echoed throughout the cave. Suddenly two bright yellow eyes snapped towards them and the creature started running to the cave, a threatening growl coming from deep within its throat. 
“GET OUT!” Her father yelled “TAKE NACHET!” Little Nachet shook with fear as her mother picked her up quickly by the scruff and climbed up the side of the den. She then scrambled out the top of the cave through the small hole and started running. Little Nachet didn’t understand what was going on and was very scared. Her mother ran quickly to get away to hide her child. 
Then they heard a loud yelp and mother turned around to see Nachets’ father fall to the ground, his neck twisted around and his legs stuck under him in an awkward position. A tear fell out of her eye but she kept running. The sun started to come up over the hill and soon they would be easily spotted out in the sunshine as their black pelts were clearly visible in the daylight. 
“Mama?” little Nachet asked.
 Even though her mother was scared she still answered a stammering “y-y-ye-yes.” 
“What happened to papa?” Nachet asked, her voice wavering. Her mother didn’t answer but little Nachet knew what had happened. Her father was dead. She would never get to really know her father. 
The sun was shining brightly and Nachets mother had to hide her pup, before it was too late. Suddenly she slowed finding an old hollowed out log covered in moss and grass and it was perfectly hidden by weeds and bushes. She knew that her pup would be safe in there and she nudged little Nachet in. 
“Mama get in!” Nachet barked, her voice filled with sadness and terror. Her mother shook her head and little Nachet tried to follow but her mother pushed her back. Tears started to fall from her mother’s eyes. Little Nachet licked her mother's nose. 
The last thing her mother said to her was ”Never give up and watch your back.” 
Her mother quickly turned around to face the creature that was after them. Nachet looked around her mothers legs to see a bright light. The bright light was a wolf. She was bright white and had dark yellow eyes. She leaped at her mother and a blinding light appeared. Suddenly they disappeared. All went quiet again and the only thing that could be heard was the blowing of the wind and the babbling of a creek nearby. Nachet ran out yelling “Mama! Mama!” She cried sniffing the ground trying to find her mother. There was no trace. No scent. It was like nothing happened.  After searching for a while she gave up, sat down, and cried. She didn’t understand what was going on. Why did this happen to her family? What did they ever do wrong? She then decided she should probably get up and move back to the log for protection. She thought that night about her mother and father and what happened. As she was in the log it started to rain and the rain helped her fall asleep. She listened to the sound of the rain on the log and closed her eyes, falling asleep. The little pup slept there alone in the wilderness not knowing what she would do next.