CH 15

═⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯═

═⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯═

"He's in the back alley! Quick, go fast!" Taehyung warned again and again in my earplugs. It was early morning right now, and the sun had just risen up. I felt so hot because of the boiling weather, but catching Jungkook was more important. He was fast in running away from the police, because of which I had to join them. For the past few days, I have been trying to seize him, with the help of the police force, and it wasn't working. He really was trained from the way his attempts in hiding were always successful. He behaved like he was more than trained. As if he had a filthy bad experience in this.

I prompted the police to stay here, and not to come after me, since it'll be safer if I was alone. It was better Jungkook didn't encounter the police much.

I dashed over the passageway in a brownish-black alley with brick walls as I saw no one there. I exhaled a sigh in frustration and suddenly my gaze fell on a piece of white paper on the ground. My hands instinctively moved to pick it up. I raised my eyebrow when I saw what was written there on it. It looked like the person had written it multiple times to make the handwriting look beautiful. Really beautiful.

Are you Tom and I am Jerry, or are you Jerry and I am Tom?

What is he playing at? This is so childish. I scoffed while looking away.

Of course, I am Tom.

I looked back and saw there was more to it behind the paper, as I turned it around to read more of it.

Nah. Dae is completely wrong. I am Tom. Let's see how she runs away from me. If I get you back in the house, promise me, you'll stop catching me.

House? What did he mean by this? Was this an alternative to a riddle or did he mean my house? And he wrote it like he was talking to me in his imagination. This is so cute. No, it isn't. I shouldn't think like this, but how can I ignore this fact? The fight of pride we had with each other, without even talking face to face.

But he still made me smile....Don't smile. Don't.....don't.....no, Dae......

"You're smiling," Taehyung muttered in his breath and talked on the earphone.

"Stop keeping an eye on me. You're creepy." I rolled my eyes as I started slipping the chit safely in my pocket, so it doesn't get crumpled. When it had safely slipped in, my eyes shined in victory as I turned around to go away.

"It's my job to keep an eye on everywhere. I am an agent especially for that purpose, ma'am." He was right since right now, he was sitting near a large screen and monitoring the area in the main operating room of our agency.

"Where did he go again?" I took my steps to my car while asking him, as my boots hit the ground with every step I took.

"I don't know. He was fortunate in his attempt of avoiding cameras and places of crowded people, which is where he had chances of getting caught. I will tell you if I find him again."