Chapter 6

Foundation Day seems to be one of the most anticipated events in SNU. Aside from the fact that classes are being canceled during that time, every year, the Student Council is tasked to organize a bunch of activities. A mini carnival is set up at the school grounds which will serve as the center of the entire affair. Along with some rides and attractions will be various booths to be sponsored by different school clubs and organizations. The various music clubs include groups that will be performing, thus, the Blackvelvets will be sponsoring the mini band concert that will go on an entire day until midnight. Perhaps, in general, the Foundation Day in Jisoo's words is 'the best day in the University'. So it didn't surprise me at all that it's been the talk of the town ever since the Student Council started handing out flyers and posting up posters everywhere. Even Seulgi, for instance, has started 'advancing' with her advanced reading so she doesn't have to 'skip all the fun'.

"If you get yourself drunk on Foundation Day, don't you dare come home, Lisa," Seulgi blatantly warns me.

"I can't promise you that, Seulgi."

Seulgi throws a glare at me but I try to ignore it as I lie restlessly on my bed.

My initial plan for Foundation Day was to stay in my dorm room and sleep until the next day comes, but then I received this text message from Jisoo yesterday. Apparently, I am going to be a part of a bigger plan on Foundation Day. She decides it's the best time of the year and the best place in the world for me to meet her so-called girlfriend. because I already decided that I'd try to give her a chance, thanks to a drunk Jennie, I am left with no other choice but to meet them up at the quad. So really, I can't promise Seulgi whether or not I'll go home drunk on Foundation Day. I guess it will all depend on how well the meet-up will go.

"Seulgi?"

I don't expect her to respond, but right now she's the only option I've got.

"What, Lisa?"

I can tell by her voice that she is annoyed by my attempt to start a conversation or probably, just by my mere existence. why does this woman hate me so much?

"Wish me luck, will ya?"

That's all I really need, actually. I can't see it but I can tell that my roommate just rolled her eyes at me. I'm starting to memorize Seulgi's ways.

"Yeah, okay, whatever it is make sure you don't hurt anyone."

I know it's doesn't have the touch of the rightful amount of concern, but I think it will do. It's Seulgi, after all. At least she didn't simply stare at me or worse, ignore me. I guess we are raising our roommate relationship to a higher level now.

"Thanks, Seulgi."

I close my eyes slowly and drift off to sleep.

Wendy, Joy, and Rosé invited me out the next day for some coffee break. I don't drink coffee but I accepted the invitation anyway. There have been a lot of things going on in my mind lately. The conversation I had with my mother last time has been on repeat in my head. I made a promise to her that I'll eventually tell Jennie how I feel about her. That in itself is enough reason to drive me nuts. Too much pressure mentally and emotionally. Then, the thought of finally meeting Jisoo's girlfriend, finally has some good use to me, is enough distraction. I don't know what to expect or how to approach her. Should I be nice to her for Jisoo's sake or should I just be grumpy? And what if she turns out to be some kind of a bitch that I will probably despise for the rest of my life?