Chapter 13

"Hello?"

I hear Jennie's voice from the other end of the line, "Lisa?"

God, I miss her voice so much. "Jennie."

"I'm sorry but I needed to call."

"What's up?"

"Have you seen Jisoo?" Her voice sounds worried.

"Um," I hesitate for a moment. "No. Why? Something wrong?"

"Um.. She said she needs to talk to you," I can imagine her bitting her lower lips after saying those words

"Should I be worried about that?"

I hear her sigh, "No. I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just overreacting."

"Tell you what, I'll call you immediately as soon as I hear from her."

"Okay," that seems to calm her down a bit. "Thanks, Lisa."

"No problem."

The conversation is almost over now and I brace myself for the possibility of not hearing her voice ever again.

"I... um I miss-"

I know what she was about to say and I can't let her go to that path so before she could say anything that would hurt both of us I cut her off. "bye Jennie"

"yeah, Take care always, Lisa" she tells me then I hear the end of it.

Jisoo throws a quick glance at me, "What does she need?"

"She's looking for you," I answer, I didn't tell her about Jennie saying that she misses me.

Yes, during that entire duration of conversation with Jennie, I'm sitting next to Jisoo in her car as she drives us around town. I have no idea where she's taking us, but when she gives me a call earlier this afternoon, I didn't care. I simply met up with her at the diner, and now we're cruising around.

"She said you needed to talk to me." I simply said.

"Is it true?" She asks me. "Is it true that you're going back home to Thailand?"

"As soon as the semester ends. I just want to finish my classes then I'm good to go."

"Why?"

I sigh, "I don't belong here, Jisoo unnie."

"Is it because of me? And Jennie?"

"I've done enough to ruin such a perfect relationship. You're my sister. I love you, and I just want you to be happy. I truly believe that when I'm gone, maybe everything will go back to normal. There's no more Lisa trying to ruin everything. Live your life the way you used to live it before I even come here."

"But I also want you to be happy, Lisa-ya. You're my sister."

I chuckle, "Stop being so cheesy unnie!"

And it makes her laugh as well. Oh, how I wish we could really all go back to normal.

We fall into silence and I'm the one who decided to break it. "You know, I find your basketball-girl logic really stupid."

"How so?"

"You want to keep the girl not throw her into a basket!" I exclaim. "Perhaps, a Temple Run logic? Wherever you go, there are always coins everywhere. You'd jump high and low, slide down, and swing side-to-side just to get the girl."

My sister nods in agreement, "Good job, Lisa-ya. Now you're finally using your brain."

Yes, I'm using my brain now because my heart is too fucked up to make decisions.