Chapter 2

"Good to see you've finally cleaned yourself up." smiled Takumi when I met up with the gang later on that night at an underground bar designed specifically for vampires. I wasn't really feeling up to all this, but it was better than spending Saturday night working at my mother's restaurant.

"Come on, it's not like there was much to clean up anyway!" I protested, banging my fist on the tabletop almost making the drinks topple over. "It was just a small scratch!"

And with that, the rest of the table burst out laughing. Honestly, it wasn't even that funny. It really was just a small scratch compared to my many other injuries I've gotten from people.

Man, even Zoe was laughing. "That certainly was a lot of blood for just a scratch!" she exclaimed so loudly that everyone sitting near us turned to look at us. What made this even better was that the typical group of vampires that come here aren't like myself and the others. Those were the type of vampires who were very snobby and mysterious, and they almost had a draining demeanor to them. I'm glad we were able to piss them off.

In fact, we were always the type to piss them off. I think it's because stereotypically vampires aren't supposed to be loud, annoying, or be having any fun for that matter. We're not consumed by luring humans into a trap to take their blood, or be overly protective and romantic towards each other and our victims, we're just a bunch of guys (plus Zoe of course, but she is very much like a guy) who wear leather jackets and could easily be mistaken as some sort of gang, no matter how much Daiki wants us to be one.

"Cut the crap you guys, seriously." I turned to see Chantel dressed in her cocktail waitress uniform as she reached across the tablet to collect everyone's empty glasses. Chantel's parents owned this dodgy place and she often worked here on weekends for what I assumed to be pocket money. Well, with her long light brown hair and hazel eyes, slim body and a uniform that fit her perfectly, needless to say, she was hot.

Shame she's taken.

And that of all guys she was into that idiot Daiki.

"Oh come on you know we're all the fun this place ever gets!" exclaimed Daiki loudly in response to seeing his girlfriend. He did have a point, but I rolled my eyes anyway. God I hate seeing couples together like that, even if they are just talking.

Chantel placed the final empty glass on her tray. "You know that, I know that, but my parents the owners of this place not so much."

Chantel always brought up that her parents owned the bar every time we visited the damn place. She is that type of girl who is never modest about these sorts of things. I'll bet that's the type of pick up line she uses to get the guys who visit's attention. I mean, she has other things going for her too, but It certainly got Daiki's.

"Yeah yeah we know." I mumbled on behalf of us all.

Chantel, being the little flirt she was, giggled. "Oh Hiroto, why are you being so gloomy all of a sudden?"

"Well!" exclaimed Zoe suddenly trying to change the subject from Chantel. "I'd better turn in now. My little brother probably misses me." She said with a smirk.

"Don't leave now!" cried Daiki. "It's still early and your brother is 16, he isn't that little!"

Zoe pushed her chair back and stood up like she meant business. "I'm tired and I want to get some sleep." She gave him a deathly glare that even sent shivers up my own spine.

And with that, the ice queen made her way to the exit.

Which left one more problem.

Yuuji sighed. "Great, who is going to pay for Zoe?"

"Not me!" I quickly cried out to the rest of my mates. "You know me, I'm completely broke! I'm not even sure I am going to be able to pay for myself!"

Well, in my opinion, there was only one person who really deserved to pay for Zoe, and all eyes turned to him.

"What?!" shouted Daiki in frustration. "Come on guys that's not fair!"

Takumi placed his own money on the table which covered for only himself. "You were the one to piss her off. Now accept responsibility."

He stood up along with Yuuji, who also placed his own money down. "You know he never accepts responsibility, come on."

The two made their way out of the bar, leaving myself and Daiki alone at the table with Chantel watching over us from the distance. A few moments of silence passed between us leaving me no choice but to place down my own money, barely covering my drinks.

I sighed. "Looks like you're on your own. Sorry." I stood up and left the poor guy to himself.

I made my way to the poor and stepped outside. Daiki wasn't kidding, it wasn't that late. But us damn vampires I guess have learned to put up with the daylight over time. That and there was never that much sunlight anyway.

I started to walk down the dark lonely street back to my place when someone suddenly jumped out of nowhere and grabbed my arm. Cursing, I quickly turned around to see who it was. It was Zoe.

"Zoe!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. "What is your problem?!"

Zoe folded her arms.

I looked at her strangely. "You weren't waiting for me or anything, were you? Of course you were. You're creepy like that." I pushed past her and continued to walk. But what surprised me was Zoe actually decided to follow after me.

She made her way beside me, her arms folded and her eyes not making eye contact with me. Not knowing what she was doing, I tried making conversation with her. "Your cousin is definitely related to you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Uh, well Chantel you know is....."

I shut myself up. I could feel another slap coming on soon if I continued. But it was true, Zoe and Chantel were both cousins who loved to mess with me every chance possible. Yeah that's right, feel sorry for me.

For some reason, Zoe stopped walking suddenly, as if remembering something. I looked back at her, wondering if something was wrong with her. She looked up at the starless sky for a second before turning her attention back towards me.

"Don't worry, that black eye will go away soon. That is, if you behave." Smirking, she turned around and walked back the way we had just walked, probably returning to her house which was in that direction.

I couldn't help but smile. "Like hell I will."

Hello readers,

Thought is was about time I introduced myself, so hey I'm Miyako and I hope you are enjoying this so far (I know I've started off slow but we will get into the action soon) Also check out my other story 'Garnet Pentagon' if you have the time.

But mainly, I am writing here now to say thank you to @Werecat for all her help and for believing in me even when I didn't and my success slow.

Hope to see you next chapter.