Chapter 4

For some reason I don't know, I couldn't get this mysterious girl out of my head. From what I could tell of her, she was no vampire, yet she didn't seem human either. But I guess I'm not one to say what humans are like, I hardly socialised with them.

Whatever or whoever the hell she was, she intrigued me. I lived in a very diverse place with many different races and different people, however different species was a little bit rarer. Of course, one would never know of these different species such as a vampire or werewolf unless they were one personally or their best friend or somebody close was. Other than that, they were merely folklore.

My curiosity took control of me and I was determined to talk to the mysterious girl. I cancelled any plans I had with my wild friends that night and decided to hang around my mother's restaurant in the off chance the girl came back.

I sat down at a table booth at the far end of the restaurant and waited. I received a few strange looks from customers who walked past and saw that I was sitting alone, so I felt the pressure to pull out my phone and play around with it and pretend that I was waiting for someone to show up. It wasn't too far off what I intended to do, but this made me seem like I was waiting for a date instead of creepily waiting for a cute girl to show up so I can watch her.

"Hiroto!"

My mother had spotted me. "What are you doing lounging around out here? Did you not have any plans tonight?"

I sighed as I pushed my phone back into my jacket pocket. "Nah, besides the atmosphere down here is more lively than my bedroom."

My mother gave me a strange look. Well, I certainly wasn't going to tell her that I was waiting for a girl to show up, she would act all weird about it. So I figured it would be best to lay low and put on my usual lazy persona.

After a moment, she gave in to my response. "Alright, but if I need the table I'm kicking you out."

I grinned as she made her way back into the kitchen. The restaurant for some reason tonight was very quiet. It was only a quarter full capacity wise, but everyone who was seated was very quiet. Usually it was a lot more lively.

In fact there were a lot of strange people I had never seen before amongst the customers. I would say the mood completely changed once this one man entered the building while I was talking with my mother.

The man wasn't very old from what I could tell, I'm guessing maybe slightly older than me. He wore a solemn expression along with his hideous style of gothic clothing. It was as if the pleasant atmosphere was giving him a headache in which he silenced the entire restaurant with one scary glare. If I were to guess, which I am, my money was on that he was a vampire.

But... not like myself or my friends. This guy was different somehow. Sort of weird actually.

I aggressively hit the table once I realised that while I had been distracted with the freakish gothic guy, that mysterious girl had arrived and had been admitted to the table right behind him. Tonight, the girl looked different. For starters, she didn't bring that book with her. She no longer seemed shy and introverted but I could tell it was her. She had the same pretty hair and eyes as the other two nights but she still seemed different. Not to mention the way she dressed reminded me of a younger version of Zoe.

Damn, there was no way I could approach her without going through that freak.

But I had to try. It was now or never, before she could run off again. I immediately stood up but to my surprise, so had she. What's more, she saw me stand up along with her. For a couple of seconds we looked at each other. She didn't show much emotion, and I imagine I must have appeared really dumbfounded to her.

I was waiting for her to move, and it appeared she was waiting for me. I didn't know what she expected, so naturally I remained still. The girl however, slowly pulled something out from her small purse and approached the gothic man from behind. Did she know him or something? I was confused.

Everything kind of happened so fast that despite seeing it all, I felt as though I had somehow missed it all too. Re-running the events through my head, I saw that girl approach the man and without a moment's hesitation, she slit his throat. I still don't believe that was what I saw. That girl? Killing a man? No way.

But sure enough, that man died shortly after the girl sprinted from the restaurant, dodging the crazed crowd of customers who had also witnessed the entire thing. Completely and utterly shocked, I chased after her.

It was dark outside- not that it was a problem for me- but she certainly knew how to get away quickly. As if she became one with the shadows, she slipped away out of my sight.

"Hey!!!" I shouted down the street. "Get back here!!!" I sounded like I was going to beat her up or something. As if she would come back after hearing that, if she was the same shy and introverted girl I saw the past few days.

But was she even the same girl? It was like she had a double life or something. Maybe that wasn't the same girl. Did she have a clone? Or twin? or?.....

Argh I give up. Never had I been more confused in my life.

There was still panic back inside the restaurant but it had become calmer. My mother and customers were looking after the man as I stood back and watched. I should have just gone out with my friends instead.

I was about to turn to go up to my room when something caught my eye. There was something on the table the girl was sitting at. I wandered over to inspect it further in case it was a clue that could solve every question I had about this girl.

Only to add more confusion.to my interpretation of her, she had left a single blood-stained purple rose at her seat. Why? It made no sense whatsoever. Who would she leave this for? Why did she have it? Was it for me? Nah, she didn't even know me.

Regardless, I picked it up and took it with me up to my room. Maybe I'll see this girl again one day, and I can ask her about it.

Hello readers,

Sorry about the delay! Now that I have completed my other book Lookout Tower (check it out if you want), I can now focus on this book and Garnet Pentagon (check this one out too) and update more frequently and hopefully move along to the climax of the story faster. Thank you for your patience. Don't forget to vote and comment if you like.

Miyako xoxo