𝐹𝑆|03

♡𝑋О FIRST SIGHT ♡𝑋О
03|Moving On

February 28thLSU campus3:03 pm CST

February 28th
LSU campus
3:03 pm CST

"...so..I heard Myles got booked the other day" Dee said, putting on her eyelashes in the mirror that sat on top of her desk. "How you dealing with that?"

Looking at herself in the full-body mirror that was by her bed, Nevaeh's eyes shifted down to the question. "We broke up...this past weekend actually" she confessed, wishing she was happier about the much-needed split.

"Oh. Sorry–I wouldn't have asked"

"No, it's fine.... –but yeh like, he kind of cut it off with me if you wanna be technical. I told em I needed to fall back for a while and get over all this shit. He told me I was being bitch and that I wasn't holding him down. Then, we just started arguing at that point and whoopty woo, he said our relationship was ova wit. So, I told em bet"

"He childish. Not to sound like no hater but I never liked nigga for you. Boys like him are just that, li'boys. A man would've handled the situation better and actually understand where you was coming from. You almost died because of nigga outtchea tryna play thug–"

Nevaeh turned around to her finally to further explain. "Yeah, but ion blame em for what happened though. Nigga was my slime *smiles*...I knew what he got into. Shit, I was attracted to the hood shit he did. But to actually be in a life or death situation like that, all that thug-lovin shit went out da doe fo' me *chuckles*. I was scared for my life. I was afraid I was never gonna see my mama again or my mawmaw (grandmother)...shit I even thought about that dawg-ass job, sis. I guess I ain't built for these streets but they've been all I known for the longest. Just seeing his homie Freddo shot up dead like det in the head....it me tore up"

"I remember I saw my neighbor's son right in the middle of the street dead. It's sad. You can't gamble on your life outtchea. That's why I'm tryna get this degree and move somewhere nice– away from BR but everywhere in the US got shootas" Dee said, resuming her eye makeup. "These streets cold, real talk"

"Yeah well, I ain't got nearly enough money to leave yet" Ne said, taking a seat on her elevated twin bed. "I been saving though..being semi-homeless and all. Living in my whoopty been helping since I ain't gotta pay for utilities except for gas and earl (oil)"

"Where you finna stay now that you and homeboy done?" Dee turned around. "You get yuh stuff from his house?"

"Nah, and my scary-ass ain't going back to get it. It was only a few panties and a shirt or two. And I been staying wit my mom'nem ever since I got discharged. That's where I'm a sleep tonight since my mom really want to keep an eye on me these days. I just can't wait to have my own, you know" Nevaeh said as she looked down to check her phone. "Hopefully one day I'll have my own man too since every nigga I date seem to belong to the streets"