𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬

who let the dog out?!

MATILDA WAS WITH Rebekah when the Mikaelson brothers all decided to call a small meeting with each other.

"Do you think this Matilda is telling the truth?" Klaus asked his siblings, and they all rolled their eyes in unison. He was always as paranoid as this, when it just concerned trivial matters, but (only because they were siblings) they still loved him anyway.

"Yes, Niklaus, I do. So far she has proven to be nothing but helpful. Not only did she kill mother, but she also managed to calm down our sister," Elijah straightened out his suit in annoyance, conveying that he didn't wish to talk about this topic anymore, and there was an unspoken rule in the family: When considering trivial matters, whatever Elijah says, goes.

"But-" Klaus started, but was interrupted by his younger brother's shocking opinion.

"Yeah, and she's a witch which is a bonus since you locked half of my witch friends up and then daggered me so I wouldn't find any more," Kol added, and Klaus sighed.

"You're still on that?" he groaned in exasperation.

"Yes, Nik. In fact, I am," Kol huffed like a child who was told that they weren't allowed anymore candy.

"Well, even though I played a part in mother's plan which I apologize about, she has been nice when she could have let mother kill us and not Rebekah. She chose to save us as well," Finn said, flinching slightly when his brothers threw him glares full of hatred.

"I guess," Klaus grumbled, upset that he wasn't getting his way.

"Ah, Niklaus, so you're finally warming up to me aren't you?" They all jumped when they heard Matilda's voice, not expecting her to just pop out of nowhere.

"Did I scare you all? Terribly sorry, you have my apologies," She sat down in the middle of both Klaus and Kol, looking unapologetic.

"Niklaus, how would you like it if I changed your life for the better?" she addressed the confused hybrid, and whispered something in his ears that caused a look of disbelief but hope to spring upon his face. The siblings were curious about what she had said to their brother, but didn't press further, trying to respect their overzealous brother's privacy (which most definitely wouldn't last for long on both sides).

"Why don't you think about it, hmm?" Matilda got up and left to go back to Rebekah, still missing her lover even though they had been stuck together ever since they were reunited.

MATILDA LED Klaus outside once he agreed to whatever the former had whispered to him, and instructed him to stand in front of her, which he did eagerly despite still being suspicious of her true intentions.

"No need to be suspicious, Niklaus. I am here to help you," Matilda rolled her eyes. She sprinkled some salt around Klaus and where he was standing, before opening a box with two hearts; a werewolf's and a vampire's along with a vial of blood.

"Don't fret — you are a hybrid which means you need the exact same things to take away this curse than to break it. A werewolf heart and a vampire heart to represent your nature, and a vial of human female doppelgänger blood to represent the species that was the binding agent to your curse," Matilda explained slowly but patiently, setting down the hearts on either side of him, before cracking open the vial and pouring it over the two hearts.

"I suggest relaxing, because this might hurt," she warned, starting the spell.

"Detrahe maledictionis onus. Detrahe maledictionis onus. Detrahe maledictionis onus. Detrahe maledictionis onus."

Klaus's bones started to crack and his hybrid eyes came out, which meant that it was working.

"Detrahe maledictionis onus. Detrahe maledictionis onus. Detrahe maledictionis onus. Detrahe maledictionis onus."

She stopped chanting when the two hearts turned black, indicating the spell was done.

"Now you don't need doppelgänger blood to sire hybrids," she smiled at him, taking Rebekah's hand, walking back inside their house. Once they were inside, Rebekah turned to her soulmate.

"Thanks for doing that for Nik. He hates the doppelgänger but she couldn't die because he needed her blood," she explained, kissing Matilda.

"Bex, I'm pretty sure you are the one that wants to kill the doppelgänger. He just hated that she conspired against him and that he had to rely on someone else to get what he wanted," the witch chuckled at her lover's poor attempt at creating an excuse.

"So what?" Rebekah defended herself.

"So, nothing. Now you can torture the wench all you want," Matilda smiled, making Rebekah squeal like a kid who heard that Christmas was coming early.

Oh the things Matilda would do to hear that lovely sound every second, every day for the rest of her life.