Isekai

You were beaming, swimming in pure bliss. Right in your arms, you were holding all the books of the Tokyo Revengers manga. Even the booklets.

Those were special circumstances of course, but damn did you not give a fuck about it.

Your embrace tightened around the precious book as you absent mindedly checked for vehicles on the road. 

You were so happy that you only noticed  on the last moment the truck coming right towards you.

'Cliché' was your last thought, after  joking internally about being reincarnated and soon having a harem.

*************

1990

You blinked a few times to get accustomed to the light. It had been a few weeks since your reincarnation.

You were one hundred percent sure it was in the Tokyo Revengers manga.

You had no idea of the current date.

If there was one thing you found a bit stupid when reading all the isekai'd fanfictions and mangas, was that  the reincarnated baby couldn't properly communicate with the adults.

Like heck, writing existed for a reason.

So yeah, after three days of pondering the up and downs, you had decided it would be best to introduce your parents to your condition.

 The reasons being you didn't want to act like a baby all time and because you needed allies that could easily conversate with other adults, along with moving freely just like adults could.

The decision taken, you crawled out of the play area, cursing your little clumsy hands and little clumsy feet, for you felt that you didn't advance faster than a turtle.

Your twin sister looked at you and decided to follow you. You sent her a glance, judged that she wouldn't be a bother and pursued your escape.

 The playground you were on was nothing more than a round yellow carpet with a few baby toys. There were a few stars plushies suspended from a metal bar doing a semi circle over your small heads.

You shivered when your baby skin came in contact with the wooden floor.

You looked in front of you;

Of your two supposed parents, one of them was reading a book on a couch two meters away from you. The other was away, getting groceries or something, you weren't sure. 

Approaching the adult who was showing you his back, you got close to his leg and tugged the end of his pants. 

The adult put away his book and looked at your small form. "Oooh, darling do you want to be with mommy?"

2006   25 of June 

A sudden nearby crash made you jolt from the medical bed you were on. 

Panting, you tried catching your breath while looking around you.

It was an hospital room; with the white sheets, white curtains and white everything it wasn't difficult to deduce.

But the question that tormented you the most was why were you in a hospital room? You didn't remember any accident, bad feeling you had. You were just carrying with your day.

Something that also worried you was the dream of you being a baby.

It wasn't something you remembered doing, but at the same time, the feeling you got from it was too realistic. 

You starred blankly at your feet moving under the white blanket.

The answer hit you the second after.

A memory.

It resembled a memory.

The details of the dream were too real: the feels, the impression of knowing the person you saw in there, everything.

But why was it so realistic? Why couldn't it just be a lucid dream?

The scent.

It was the scent that made it realistic.

In a normal dream you wouldn't smell anything. But there, there was the scent of the old carpet, the new plastic toys, the coffee on the table and the characteristic odor every baby has.

Your train of though was abruptly interrupted by the deranging sensation of being watched.

A tall person, with short black hair, damn hot perfectly tanned skin and blue eyes, was frozen and looking at you in surprise.

A nurse maybe?

The person's mouth was opened wide. 

She blinked a few times before smiling and rushing to your side, immediately taking your hands in hers.

"I'm so glad you're finally awake!" squealed the stranger. 

She squeezed your hands then let go of them to grab your cheeks, check your temperature and finally pat your head.

"It's been two weeks! You have no idea how worried you had us. Mom has been going on a stress walk every three hours!"

You blinked.

"Mom?", you asked.

"Yeah!", continued the stranger, "I've got to admit that I was pretty worried too.", she almost muttered