- 01 -

" CHAPTER ONE "

____________________

𝐃 𝐈 𝐒 𝐂 𝐋 𝐀 𝐈 𝐌 𝐄 𝐑

DISCLAIMER

" This is a work of complete fiction and is not meant to be taken seriously, all events and occurrences, therefore, are all fictional and are part of the writer's imagination. Any resemblance to actual life events and people, living or dead, are all purely a coincidence. "

T//W

"Mentions of death, self-harm and strong language"

____________________

NO ONE'S POV

"Can't you just be early for once?", Jay asked out of exasperation. "Chill we won and made it into the race whats the biggie now?". Jake scoffed though his guilt was pricking him deep inside. "For damn's sake you are our lead. I hope you realize that and stop messing around like a kid.", saying that Jay went to his room banging his door shut making the other flinch. "So now I get bashed for saving your asses", Jake said in disappointment. "You do know what happened at last year's race right? Jay faced a lot of trauma being the leader. We lost our friend because we lost the race. Get a grip of yourself.", Sunghoon said annoyed and went off to check upon Jay.

Guilt took over Jake and he couldn't hide it anymore. Last year was hard for all of them, especially Jay. Jay was close with Jiwon, one of their teammates. He shared a memorable amount of time with him. He took his own life because he fell into debt and couldn't pay for anything. His only hope was winning the race and acquiring the cash so that he could pay for rent and buy alcohol for his abusive dad.

Once they had lost the race, not only was he abused for not getting what his dad had wanted but also got kicked out of their house. He soon fell into depression as he couldn't bear all the weight he had to carry on his shoulders and decided to end his life. Receiving the news, Jay was devastated as he was the leader and it was the responsibility of the leader to make the team win. He even gave away his position because that gave him a lot of trauma and guilt.

Jake knocked on the door that lead to Jay's room. "Hey..umm..can we talk?", he asked worriedly. There was no response from the other side but he still let himself in. He saw Jay curled up in a corner holding a piece of paper. It was a letter written by Jiwon. Jake sat next to him silently and waited for Jay to say something.

"It reminded me of him..you know, being the leader.", Jay said as his eyes formed tears. "I know...I'm sorry for being careless today. I didn't put myself in your shoes." Jake said lowering his gaze and fidgetting his fingers. Jay said nothing but pulled Jake into a warm embrace, indicating that he forgave him and walked away breaking it after a while. Jake felt relieved and let out a sigh.

_____

[next day]

" I want you to tutor him, look at his grades they are dropping. If it's going to be like this, it will be hard for him to get promoted next year", The teacher explained to Yunha. Yunha did not want to do it but she couldn't get herself to disagree with the teacher. " Sure Mrs. Yang", Yunha said trying to cover up her annoyance. "Okay starting from today you will tutor him in the library after school hours.", Yunha nodded and bowed before leaving the room. "I hate being the class president", Yunha clenched her fists and shook in annoyance, groaning.

_____

" Listen up children, finish your work, and turn them in by tomorrow. School dismissed.", The teacher said in a stern voice and left the room taking the students along with her as school was over. Yunha had to stay behind and go to the library to tutor Jake. She stomped her way to the library still annoyed. All the students she had tutored were a disaster and she had a bad feeling this was going to take its place on the list too.

Soon after walking down the hallway, she finally reached the library and entered the peaceful place where there was a waiting Jake. She walked to the table and placed her bag unpacking her stuff. " Took you long enough.", Jake said coldly rolling his eyes. "I had to pack my stuff geez", Yunha scoffed at his arrogant nature. "Can we just start? I hate it here" Jake said rudely which made Yunha a bit uncomfortable. " At least be grateful that I'm wasting my time for a dickhead" Yunha replied coldly placing the book in front of him. She asked him to go through it and asked him to clarify what he couldn't understand.

It had already been four hours now, and Yunha was still teaching him. "That's right! you are doing pretty well" Yunha said cheerfully as she thought to herself that he wasn't as bad as she thought he would be. Jake just smiled as a response. " Let's wrap up today, we'll do the rest tomorrow it's getting pretty late," Yunha said as she packed her bag. Jake packed his stuff as well and they both headed out together.

It was a silent walk to the exit, Jake headed towards his bike which was parked in front of the main gate which caught Yunha's attention. " Holy crap is that your bike!?", Yunha asked as she ran excitedly towards him. "umm..yeah?-" "but this would have costed a fortune how did you afford it, plus this model is really rare!" Jake hesitated to answer her question as he had stolen the bike, it was indeed expensive, and he couldn't imagine himself being able to afford it.

"stole it duh" Jake said as he sat over the seat. "You've got some insane stealing skills," Yunha said impressed which made Jake confused. He thought she would give out a terrified reaction but she was chill with it instead. " So..you're not gonna freak out about the fact that a thief is talking to you?", Jake asked curiously. "I always enjoy risky stuff", Yunha looked at him and smirked."I like you already" Jake said smirking at the girl. Jake suddenly had an idea pop up in his head, he hesitated for a moment but he asked her anyway.

"Do you wanna go somewhere fun?"